Bug with wampserver3_x86_apache2.4.17_mysql5.7.9_php5.6.15
Posted by: Samuel_r (---.radionetwork.com.ua)
Date: May 24, 2016 04:23PM

I recently installed wampserver3_x86_apache2.4.17_mysql5.7.9_php5.6.15 onto a clean windows 10 Pro x64 machine. Yes, I've installed all the prereqs.

The error I was getting was "The mbstring extension is missing. Please check your PHP configuration."

Everywhere I looked, said to check my php.ini. I kept checking it but everything was correct. I tried going to the php.ini from the wampserver icon via PHP -> PHP.INI, where it came up with an error saying "C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.17\bin\php.ini" was missing.

To resolve the error, I ended up copying the contents of "C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.6.15\php.ini" into a new php.ini in "C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.17\bin\".

Thought the developers would like to know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bug with wampserver3_x86_apache2.4.17_mysql5.7.9_php5.6.15
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2016 04:49PM

Thanks

The solution to this is to use this menu combination:

left click wampmanager -> Apache -> Version -> 2.4.17 ( and just click on the 2.4.17 menu item)

This will rebuild all the SYMLINKS in the `\apache2.4.17\bin` folder

I would suggest doing this to make sure everything is in the right place.

This does not normally happen, possibly you did not install WAMPServer as an Administrator, or maybe you are not running WAMPServer as an administrator.

See [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.