Windows 8.1 and Norton 360 Premier Edition Anti-Virus
Posted by: david@dalmada.com (---.lightspeed.sndgca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 13, 2014 06:39AM

I have Windows 8.1 and Norton 360 Premier Edition Anti-Virus and I Can't Download Wamp from www.wampserver.com in English version 32 bit.

When I try to download Windows says it is not safe but I tell it to run it anyways but it does not work. I have tried 3 times.

After trying I have scanned my computer for viruses in case I downloaded something by accident. But my computer is clean! It has up to date virus protection....

I think that Norton is blocking it.... What do I do????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Windows 8.1 and Norton 360 Premier Edition Anti-Virus
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 13, 2014 01:14PM

This is not strictly a WAMPServer issue so I would try asking for help on the Norton site.

[support.norton.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Kirk (---.dhcp.stcd.mn.charter.com)
Date: July 16, 2014 04:11PM

David, are you trying to download or install? Is it Windows 8.1 or Norton's 360 that is giving you the warning, and what is the warning you're getting? If Norton is causing the issue, you should be able to bypass it by telling Norton to ignore it.

You might try downloading and installing the 64bit version and see it you have the same issues.

Posted by: david@dalmada.com (---.lightspeed.sndgca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 18, 2014 06:09AM

Yes, I chatted with support from norton and they marked the download as safe with the anti-virus software in two places in the virus software then it was able to run just fine!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.