Guide for setting up virtual host / server ?
Posted by: Porotto (---.range31-54.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 19, 2016 01:14AM

Had this done and working fine before i installed Windows 10, i moved over the configs and www files etc (changed host) all that but wamp doesnt seem to reconise the server being on to anyone else but me, and i cant for the life of me find a up to date guide from start to finish on how to setup from fresh, ive tried doing what multiple guides say (believe you only need 8080 and 80 forwarded on ports) but nothing will let anyone else but me connect to the dns.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guide for setting up virtual host / server ?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 19, 2016 10:14AM

Hi,

We are a little thin on detail here.

Can you start by answering Read Before You Ask a Question

You can try Troubleshooting tips

and The need for Virtual Hosts

Also assuming you put the \wamp folder on the same drive i.e C: or whereever it was before, you probably forgot to do these 2 things to re-register the Apache and MYSQL services with Windows

Start WAMPServer

wampmanager->Apache->Install Service
wampmanager->MYSQL->Install Service

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Porotto (---.range81-157.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 19, 2016 02:40PM

1 - Windows version used -- Windows 10 64x
2 - Version WampServer -- Wampserver (64 bits & PHP 5.6.15 & PHP 7) 3
3 - Apache Version -- 2.4.17
4 - PHP Version -- 7
5 - MySQL Version -- 5.7.9

Already did the install service, the icon turns green theres no issue there, done vhosts and conf httpd fiel.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 19, 2016 03:53PM

WampServer 3 has a Virtual Host defined for localhost by default.

So edit \wamp\bin\apache\apache{version}\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf and add your access restrictions in there like

Require ip 192.168.1

for example

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.