Reinstall of WAMP
Posted by: pam (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: July 02, 2014 06:47AM

I updated my WAMPServer and didn't read the directions in the forums until I had a problem. (I swear the download page said you could load a new version over an old.) I deleted the new version, but then was getting an error when trying to open the old one that I could not find a fix for. So now I have deleted the old version and downloaded:

version 2.5 with Apache/2.4.9 (Win32) PHP/5.5.12

I followed your directions on setting up 2.5 and WAMP runs fine, but I can't figure out what I need to do to get my old projects (only thing I saved) running on WAMP. I'm guessing it's a PHP, MySQL issue since I did not save my database folders, but don't know what to do and am not a programmer.

I followed the directions for the virtual host and created a new folder in the WAMP www folder into which I moved all of my WordPress folders that had been in my project. When I click on the project in My Projects, my browser gives me this error, "Error establishing a database connection." Is there any way to fix this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reinstall of WAMP
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 02, 2014 10:13AM

If you didnt save the database folders and you didnt make a backup somehow of the mysql data, then I am afraid you are going to have to start again from scratch.

WP holds almost everything on its database so you have lost your site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Reinstall of WAMP
Posted by: pam (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: July 12, 2014 05:33PM

Ugh. That's what I get for not looking it up first here. Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.