Wampserver Orange Icon
Posted by: JacsF (---.telkomadsl.co.za)
Date: May 17, 2016 07:08PM

Hi

Reloaded computer from scratch (Windows 10); downloaded & installed all 10 VC++ (9, 10, 11, 13, 14) both 64x & 86; installed Wamp 64.

Got error "httpd.exe - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application" after installation & then "php-win.exe - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application".

The Wamp icon stays orange (neither right-click or left-click works). Checked services & saw that wampmysql64 is running... no apache though.

Downloaded VC++ 2012 again and repaired them. Also downloaded a msvcr110.dll file and copied it into C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

I do not have Skype installed on my computer & IIS is unchecked in Programs (Control Panel).

Not sure what else to do...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver Orange Icon
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 17, 2016 07:43PM

Hi,

NEVER COPY A DLL FILE into a system directory. Dll MUST BE registered by Windows, so you MUST ALWAYS INSTALL a package.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 17, 2016 07:49PM

Oops, well I kept the original and copied it back to the folder. Still not working though...

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 17, 2016 08:17PM

There are links to all the MSVC Runtime Library download on this page. Please use them to downoad the runtimes you need and dont get dll's from dubious "Fix your dll sites" Who knows what you are installing???

Run the download and install and if necessary answer using the REPAIR option if a runtime is already installed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 17, 2016 08:37PM

Hi,

All VC packages are here [Wampserver.aviatechno.net] and there is a tool to check if needed VC are installed..

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 18, 2016 11:25AM

Hi

Cool check program. Downloaded & ran the program. Got the message "All VC++ packages needed to Wampserver seem to be installed correctly"

Then tried to install Wamp64 again:

During installation (Install service wampapache64) I got the error
"httpd.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application."

Finished the installation.

When I double-click on Wampserver, I got the error "php-win.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application."

Wamp Icon appears orange (right-click and left-click does not work) - wampmysqld64 is running, wampapache is not running or even appearing in SERVICES (Administratice Tools)

PS Also tried installing Wamp32 (just in case), BUT icon stays RED...

Date: May 18, 2016 12:06PM

Are you uninstalling each try AND MANUALLY deleting the \wamp or \wamp64 folder BEFORE trying to reinstall?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 18, 2016 12:14PM

I Uninstalled them & ran IoBit Uninstaller. Also removed wamp folder in C:\.

Where else can I check?

Date: May 18, 2016 12:16PM

I assume you are installing WAMPServer using an Administrator account or by using the "Run as Administrator".

WAMPServer must be install and run under an administrator account in order to be allowed by windows to complete many of its functions

Date: May 18, 2016 12:21PM

Yes I did

Date: May 18, 2016 03:33PM

WAMPServer does nothing to your system other than creates the \wamp folder and ONE registry entry, which is to register the UNINSTALLER with windows.

Did you REINSTALL ALL THE Msvc runtime libraries, and answer REPAIR if they are already installed?

Now for what I assume is a silly question, but I am running out of ideas so I will ask it anyway..... You are running a 64bit Windows Operating system? Right!

Date: May 18, 2016 04:32PM

I did not remove all the VC++ files, just repaired all of them.

And yes smiling smiley Using Windows 64....

I've tried about all the options online, and couldn't find the answer... that's why I posted on the forum (hands in my hair)...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.