How to show tables of databases from old wampserver installation?
Posted by: dee-u (115.147.108.---)
Date: July 05, 2014 10:21AM

I was able to copy the Wamp folder to another partition before I deleted it from the C drive and installed the latest wamp version. I was not able to back-up the databases and thought I could just copy and paste the Data directory to the new version but was stumped to find out that I cannot. Sure it displays all the databases the tables of those databases are not being displayed.

Is there a remedy for this aside from removing my current version, reinstalling the old one, backing up and reinstall again the new version?

Thank you so much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to show tables of databases from old wampserver installation?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 05, 2014 02:43PM

Yes,

Dont copy the \data folder to your new \data folder, copy the whole MySQL server folder to the new install.
Remember WAMPServer can easily switch between multiple versions of MySQL and Apache and PHP.

Stop Wampserver wampmanager->exit

Uninstall the new WAMPServer, then delete the wamp folder and all subfolders.

Re-install the new WAMPServer, make sure it all still works, then :-

Stop Wampserver wampmanager->exit

Copy the oldwamp's mysqlx.y.z folder and all its subfolders to the newwamp's \wamp\bin\mysql folder

Start WampServer, it should see the new mysqlx.y.z folder and you can then switch MySQL versions

wampmanager->MySQL->Version ... you should see 2 versions there now, you old version and the new version.

Click on the old version number and it will install the old version of MySQL

Do your backups... switch back to the new version of MySQL and restore the backups.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: How to show tables of databases from old wampserver installation?
Posted by: dee-u (115.147.111.---)
Date: July 07, 2014 07:46AM

Thank you so much RiggsFolly, that did the trick! Much appreciated!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.