Getting Started Questions
Posted by: rjgoebel (---.sub-174-225-129.myvzw.com)
Date: July 03, 2014 07:21PM

Thanks to all and the team that has supported this product. I'm excited. Just got a WAMP server running. As I'm an electrical power engineer and consultant and have been out of the web environment for quite awhile - I have some likely basic questions:

1. As I look ahead to 'what's next' and actually hosting a dedicated production server, does anyone have any thoughts on resources, videos, etc - to get familiar with what I need to do to go from local hosting to hosting on the internet via HTTP protocal, and linking my WAMP server with a domain name?

2. Also as I look ahead to user authentication and basic scripting, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a framework that will help , given that I know java decently well and am looking for a web/enterprise type of application for the power industry in which I'll be utilizing google Maps API a lot

3. For some reason the WAMP interface localhost screen does not allow me to click on a link under a new project folder I create under the 'www directory' interface. It works like a charm though when I add 'localhost\' suffix before the chrome address at top - as it defaults on the 'test' or 'test2' directory I made as default instead of putting this as a suffix.

Also, thinking out loud here but I'm an entrepreneur with heavy power domain expertise and am looking for a network architect kind of skillset to join the team, we have myself and 2 programmers to date. If this captures anyone please let me know.

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.