Can not get Wampserver 2.5 to go online. Get Aestan Tray Menu error
Posted by: geogalgreen (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 30, 2014 11:06PM

I have installed Wampserver 2.5 and run the VC11 files (both x64 and x86). Tried to run the Vcredist_IA64 file but got errors saying not compatible with my machine. Can't take Wampserver online. I get an Aestan Tray Menu error "Could not execute menu item (internal error) [exception] Could not perform service action: the service has not been started." I have tried restarting entire server, and restarting individual components but no luck.
What is wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can not get Wampserver 2.5 to go online. Get Aestan Tray Menu error
Date: June 30, 2014 11:21PM

Additional information for this problem. When I try to restart just Apache I get the same error message. Also, when I test Port 80, I get the command panel with a message that port 80 is not being used.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 30, 2014 11:30PM

Hi,

Read this [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 01, 2014 12:05AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I have already read that entire post, and done all the things it suggests. Also, I just ran through a series of posts about Apache not starting, which I think is my problem. I checked the Apache error log and get a message that the log does not exist, and do I want to make one. Should I do that?
Also, I tried the command line winsock reset you suggested, and restarted, still no luck.
The MS Event Viewer tells me "The wampapache service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified."
Not sure which file they are referring to.

Date: July 01, 2014 04:05AM

Wampserver is now running on my computer! Not sure which of the following that I did made the difference:
created a inbound rule in my internet security for Port 80
pinged port 80 and computer could not find port 80 (did this multiple times)
checked internet security software to make sure Port 80 was open
uninstalled and reinstalled Wampserver software (I suspect this was the thing that worked)
Thanks for your patience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.