Cannot get WampServer or WampManager to run on Win 7 64 bit machine.
Posted by: uplate (12.207.238.---)
Date: June 19, 2014 08:21PM

Noobie has been trying everything he can think of.

Ran vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64.exe before running wampserver2.5-Apache-2.4.9-Mysql-5.6.17-php5.5.12-64b.exe/ I ended up with a WampServer.exe shortcut on my desktop and a C:\wamp folder with what I suspect are the usual items.

When I try and run wampmanager.exe in the wamp folder I get a dialog box asking if I want an unknown publisher to make changes to my computer. I answer yes and then nothing happens. I do not get a WampManager icon (of any color) in my system tray. When I try localhost or 127.0.0.1 I get "HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found." I have a 64 bit Windows 7 computer and am running as administrator.

I've gone through this three times, each time using unins000.exe and rebooting to clear things up.

What should my next step be?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot get WampServer or WampManager to run on Win 7 64 bit machine.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 20, 2014 01:35AM

please check you have all these NSVC runtimes installed

[forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: June 20, 2014 01:52AM

RiggsFolly:

Thank you for the response.

I have five Microsoft Visual C++ items in the Programs and Features list.

Two are 2005 Redistributable, two are 2008 Redistributalble - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (another ends with .6161) one one 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219.

WampServer 2.5 is also listed.

The forum page you listed had a lot more, is this my problem? I downloaded and ran vcredist_x64.exe.

Thanks again for the help!!

Posted by: berrick (---.range81-147.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 20, 2014 08:15AM

I haven't tried installing Wamp 2.5 but have installed 2.2 on x64 bit machines. There are several pre requisites for this to be successful from my experience.

Make sure .net 3.5 is installed, vcredist_x64.exe (which you have done) and stop the World Wide Web Publishing service.

Then run the install as administrator just for good measure. When the install completes if you have no icons go the the installation folder and double click wampmanager.exe and see if that starts things

Hope this may prove useful

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 20, 2014 10:35AM

Hi uplate,

I think the document I gave you a link to is fairly explicit.

WampServer 2.5 needs the 2012(VC11) redistributable library installed as well as all the others mentioned (32 and/or 64 depending on which WS you install )

There are links to all the download/installs of these runtime libraries.
Download and install them ONE AT A TIME. Lots of the downloaded files have the same or very similiar names, so do the download and install of each one before downloading the next one.

Stick with the 32bit WAMPServer, there are no CONS and a few PROS

As berrick said, its probably a good idea to have all the .net stuff insatlled although if you are keeping your PC up to date with Microsofts monthly installs they should be there anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: June 21, 2014 01:36AM

RiggsFolly:

>> Lots of the downloaded files have the same or very similiar names

That got me, assuming there was only one file name. Realized it when I looked at the file sizes.

WampManager is working now. Thank you for your patience with the Noob, now on to other fun stuff. Also I ignored the 32 bit items, thinking that with a 64 bit machine that was what I should be doing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.