Where are the Addons?
Posted by: honkova (---.hvezcb.cz)
Date: June 20, 2014 12:36PM

Good afternoon, sorry for the noob question, but I just installed WampServer and I wanted to go back to MySQL 4.1.25. I went to MySQL - Version - GetMore and it linked me to [www.wampserver.com] .. by video tutorials I found theres supposed to be cathegory Addons right after the Wampserver cathegory, but I dont see it there. I get to the same page with missing Addons if I click ADDONS in the upper panel of this forum. Where did get Addons moved to? Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where are the Addons?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 20, 2014 01:02PM

Because the compilers used by the people that build Apache/PHP and MySQL have chnaged so frequently over the last few years i.e. VC6, VC9, VC10 and VC11 and the incompatibilities between those compiler versions, it became almost impossible to manage the ADDONS feature.

It was getting almost impossible to work out which Apache would run with which PHP etc that they have withdrawn all the ADDONS so I am afraid that feature is on hold for now.
All the addons were in fact compiled with VC6 and therefore were no use to a modern WAMPServer install anyway.

As the various communities seem to have settled upon VC11 for now and hopefully for a number of years the ADDON may again become available but only for version from this point on and not retrospectively.

It is possible to add a MySQL version manually, and I have a tutorial that will help but having had a look at the MySQL archive site [downloads.mysql.com] Even tey do not seem to have a version that old in their archive so this woudl not help you much.

If you can find a MySQL that old and woudl like my tutorial, let me know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Where are the Addons?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 20, 2014 01:10PM

Actually I just had a look at sourceforge and here

[sourceforge.net]

You will find a MySQL 4.1.22. from 2007 ( wow thats old ) The closest available.

If you download that exe and run it it may well install for you.

I would make a copy of the whole \wamp folder be fore trying it, so you can get back to where you are now if it all goes wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.