Site can't be reached. Server DNS address could not be found
Posted by: aleun57 (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: May 03, 2016 05:44PM

Hello,

Here is my problem:

I am trying to access a file (index.php) that is in a folder (my-site) which is a subfolder of the www folder. I went to the wampserver homepage (by typing localhost into browser) and then clicking on the "my-site" folder that appears under the "Your Projects" title.

However, this appears: This site can’t be reached my-site’s server DNS address could not be found.
Also, don't know if this helps but the url that brings this error is just "my-site"

Important Information:

I am running wampserver 64-bit on my 64-bit Windows Machine.
The wampserver icon is green
I can access phpmyadmin.
When I type "localhost" into my browser, the browser does go to the wampserver homepage
I have downloaded both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of wampserver
(don't know if this helps but I have edited my hosts file and "activated"(removed the # sign) the line with 127.0.1)

Thanks,
Aaron

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Site can't be reached. Server DNS address could not be found
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 03, 2016 05:52PM

Hi

Try `localhost/my-site/` and that will run the index.php file from that folder

Now you need to create a Virtual Host for your site to be able to run it by clicking on the My Projects link

See Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost in this post [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Site can't be reached. Server DNS address could not be found
Posted by: aleun57 (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: May 04, 2016 05:31AM

Thanks so much! I got it to work now!

Problem solved!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.