403 Forbidden
Posted by: jimmy_0435 (---.com.tw)
Date: April 29, 2016 05:26AM

Hi,

I just install WAMPSERVER (64 BITS & PHP 5.6.15 & PHP 7) 3

I change the state of server to "Put online". I can visit the root page of wamp, but when I access the sub-folder I got 403 code.

Here's the error code of apache server.
[Thu Apr 28 00:06:31.349994 2016] [authz_core:error] [pid 6184:tid 872] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:58883] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: C:/wamp64/www/sample1

I don't modify the httpd.conf and create vitrual hosts.

I also tried to change "ServerName my.public.ip:80" but it doesn't work too, so I set back to "ServerName localhost:80"

How can I fix this problem? Thanks for your help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2016 05:38AM by jimmy_0435.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 403 Forbidden
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 29, 2016 11:09AM

Are you launching this site frrom the PC running WAMPServer?

Also can you answer all these question so we know a little more about your installation please. [forum.wampserver.com]

Here is a Troubleshooting post [forum.wampserver.com]

And here is a post about WAMPServer 3 specifically [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: jimmy_0435 (---.dynamic.kbronet.com.tw)
Date: April 29, 2016 06:00PM

Hi,

I figure out the problem. My antivirus blocks the modification of hosts file when I install WAMP. I modify the hosts file manually and it works. Thanks for your help.

Posted by: mhartste (---.dhcp.flln.nv.charter.com)
Date: April 30, 2016 08:54AM

Hi Jimmy -

I might have the same problem as you had. Which hosts file did you change? What change did you make? Are you using a similar system configuration as I am?

I just installed Wampserver 64 bit with Apache 2.4.17, PHP 5.6.16, and MySQL 5.7.9 on Windows 10 64-bit. My Wampserver icon is green. I am able to access the PHPmyAdmin page. The first time I went to the main localhost page I saw all the specs. But every subsequent time I went to that page I've been getting the Forbidden message, and the Apache log shows error AH01630, like you got. I tried modifying the permissions in the httpd.conf file, but this didn't make any difference.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Date: April 30, 2016 09:25PM

Here's another interesting thing I noticed. I can access the localhost main page until I unzip the WordPress files into the www subdirectory. Then I get the Forbidden error. So it has something to do with WordPress.

Thanks,

Mike

Date: April 30, 2016 11:15PM

I solved the problem. I unzipped the WordPress files incorrectly. I opened the zip file and copied everything to the www subdirectory. This didn't work right, it didn't copy over the proper subfolder structure. Instead, I used Windows Explorer to show the zip file structure and I copied from there.

Now it's working!

Thanks,

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.