Aestan Tray Menu error
Posted by: saza (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 19, 2014 05:08PM

I just upgraded my wamp server to 2.5 (64-bit) and now I can't get it working.

I get the following error message:
Aestan Tray Menu
The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 1235: [eParseError] Parameter "Service" specifies an unknnown service.

It worked fine before the upgrade. I'm running Windows 8.1

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aestan Tray Menu error
Date: May 19, 2014 05:34PM

Wanted to add that I just copied my old wampserver (Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.4.3) back and it does not start up - red icon

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 19, 2014 06:03PM

Hi,

- 1 - Before installation you must install VC11 packages (two packages for Windows 64 bit) : see [forum.wampserver.com]
- 2 - NEVER INSTALL WAMPSERVER 2.5 OVER ANOTHER VERSION OF WAMPSERVER
- 3 - See WAMPServer 2.5 release notes and corrections
- 4 - Follow Installing a new release of WAMPServer

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 19, 2014 06:18PM

Yeah, really messed this one up.

When I upgraded to 2.5, I did install it over 2.2. I also installed the 32 and 64 bit version of these files:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) [www.microsoft.com]
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) [www.microsoft.com]

When I downgraded back to 2.2 I uninstalled 2.5, copied my backup of 2.2 and re-installed the 32-bit versions of the the above two files.

Not really sure what I should do at this point to get all of this working again.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 19, 2014 06:35PM

Hi,

I think that after install and uninstall two versions of Wampserver the services are not "good".

- Launch Wampserver even if the icon is not green.
- Wampmanager->Stop All services
- Wampmanager->Apache->Service->Remove Service
- Wampmanager->MySQL->Service->Remove Service

At this point, it would be good to verify that the services wampapache and wampmysqld were really deleted by looking if they still exist or not in the Services Manager.
If one or the two services already exists, open a command Windows and type:

sc delete wampapache
or/and
sc delete wampmysqld

Now we need to create the good servcies:
- Wampmanager->Apache->Service->Install service
- Wampmanager->MySQL->Service->Install service
- Wampmanager->Start all services.

Normally, the icon should go green.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 19, 2014 06:56PM

Worked like a charm!

Thank you so much!

Posted by: Thomas Roether (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: May 28, 2014 11:50PM

I just tried to upgrade wamp from 2.2 to 2.5 on WindowsXP 32bit, was working fine before but now when I try to start I get :

Aestan Tray Menu

The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 325: [EParseError] parameter "Service" specifies an unknown service

What does this mean and how do I resolve this?

Thanks

Posted by: RiggsFolly (78.146.11.---)
Date: May 29, 2014 12:43AM

Please read the WAMPServer 2.5 release notes and corrections [forum.wampserver.com]

It states quite plainly that WAMPServer does not run on any version of Windows XP because the Visual C++ V11 runtime will not run on Windows XP and Apache, MySQL and PHP are now compiled with that version of the compiler.

Can I suggest you try WampServer 2.4, this will run on XP, but of course you will not be able to upgrade to modern versions of Apache/MySQL or PHP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Thomas Roether (---.austin.res.rr.com)
Date: May 29, 2014 12:45AM

OK, now that I've had a chance to read this forum it looks like I got a big problem in that I DID try to install 2.5 on top of 2.2 on a WindowsXP 32bit system and to make matters worse I didn't backup any of the files. I know, I know, stupid, but I thought it said the installation was automatic.

So, do I have to start completely over now and do a new install of 2.2 and is there some way I can recover the files that I had in the old install? their still there in the directory.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (78.146.11.---)
Date: May 29, 2014 02:21AM

Oh dear,

Woops. Well lets be honest, I dont know anybody thats perfect, especially not me, so how about this.

Get a copy of Team Viewer if you have not already got one.

Run it and send me a Private Message with the ID and PASSWORD that it gives you. ( dont post those on the forum for obvious reasons )

I will connect and seee if I cant dig you out of this hole.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.