mySQL databse - created user but can't get connected
Posted by: HoibO (---.cncdnh.fast03.myfairpoint.net)
Date: May 14, 2014 01:16PM

I have a new WP install running under WAMP on Win 7. In WP they say to create a new database - did that. Next they say to create a new user account (called it "admin"winking smiley so that WP can access the database through that full access account. Won't connect. It will however connect to MySQL using user named "root" and no password. This "root" account is what comes packaged with phpMyAdmin (I think).

In the file wp-config.php, there is a section for MySQL database connection settings. In there you define "DB_USER", "DB_PASSWORD", "DB_HOST". I know for certain I'm setting the right user (admin) and I know the password is typed in correctly. DB_HOST is termed "localhost".

Anyone have an idea what I need to do to get my created "admin" to be the account this works with? I'm not sure its' gong to be safe running this with "root" and no password. phpMyAdmin seems to show that my "admin" account has the exact same attributes as root. Unless there's something underneath there that I can't see. How do I adjust this so I don't have to use "root".

Is there something in MySQL that says I have to use the account called "root"?

H

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mySQL databse - created user but can't get connected
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 27, 2014 03:38PM

root is the SUPERUSER account and can do anything, and therefore should not be used by anybody but the administrator.

Check your new 'admin' account has all the privileges on the NEW DATABASe that you created.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.