MySQL Workbench
Posted by: DonB (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: May 02, 2014 09:02PM

Can someone tell me if it would be possible for me to add a link to my "MySQL Workbench" to the menu directly beneath the MySQL Console? It would be very hand to have the access to the workbench in close proximity rather than use the console.
If it is not possible, could that be considered as a future enhancement. That is a check could be made to see if the software is installed in the computer and if so an additional menu item offered to access it.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL Workbench
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 03, 2014 12:32AM

Don,

Just put the MySQL Workbench icon somewhere easy to get to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 06, 2014 06:47PM

Thank you for the response. I do have a link to the workbench elsewhere, but thought it would be more efficient and effective for a developer to have it handy in the WAMPServer menu while you are doing other things. It is far more usefull than the MySQL Console and the Workbench is a free download (I think it still is).

Date: May 06, 2014 10:03PM

Its actually very easy to do it yourself.

Before you try this BACKUP THE \wamp\wampmanager.tpl file. If you naff it up you are in deep dodo.

Edit \wamp\wampmanager.tpl

In this section of the file after the keyword ;WAMPMENULEFTSTART

Add this line somewhere in that group of instructions in a position you like

Type: item; Caption: "MySQL Workbench"; Action: shellexecute; FileName: "C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Workbench 6.1 CE/MySQLWorkbench.exe"; Glyph: 2

Check your Workbench is installed in the same place as mine first!

Save the file. Then right click the wampmanager icon and click the 'Refresh' menu.

Then check for your new menu item

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 07, 2014 11:45PM

Thank you for the information. After I found and fixed a couple of my syntax errors it worked fine so I went the extra step and put it in the sub-menu for MySQL , which is exactly where I wanted it. Now I am a happy camper. Thanks again, oh and by the way I had neglected to check for updates for Workbench since I was familiar with it, but you advice showed a newer version so I downloaded and installed it and found it to be much nicer.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. I am not a professional, just a self taught amateur who is supporting three websites (WordPress) which uses MySQL, as I am sure you know.

Date: May 08, 2014 12:05AM

My Pleasure,

It gave me an excuse to have a play.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.