The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.
Posted by: Praveen_Dhyani (202.141.141.---)
Date: May 05, 2014 07:04AM

Using Wamp Server 2.4

Previously I installed Wamp Server on my system, and It was working Localhost and PHPmyadmin properly opening,

On same system I had Skype and Wamp and both worked for me. At one time I open only one either Skype or wamp, both successfully run.

But, After some days I installed MYSQL Workbench 6.0 CE, from that day my wamp server not working and showing mentioned below error :

"
It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet. "

Even I changed Skype port , restarted the services many times and reinstall Wamp Server but unable to run Localhost and phpmyadmin. Always showing It Works message.

When I go Wamp --> Apache --> Service --> Test Port 80

It show under mentioned message :

Your port 80 is actually used by :
Server : Apache/2.4.4 <win64> PHP/5.4.12

Press Enter to exit.......

Please guide me, its urgent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 07:09AM by Praveen_Dhyani.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 05, 2014 02:37PM

Hi Praven,

You did not install MYSQL Workbench 6.0 CE.

You installed ... and I have forgotten what it is called but it is Workbench + Apache + MySQL. Its an easy mistake to make as they are not particularly well differentiated.

This means you have 2 Apache's and 2 MySQL's running. The ones that came with Workbench get Launched automatically so they always grab port 80 and 3306 before the WAMPServer versions get started.

Uninstall ALL the MySQL workbench you installed and then JUST install the Workbench as a standalone from here [dev.mysql.com]

Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.