Wamserver mysql suddenly not running
Posted by: Johannes (---.dk.customer.tdc.net)
Date: April 11, 2016 11:21PM

Hi all
I'm currently working on a project with my study group, so I'm desperate for an answer

first some info:

Apache Version : 2.4.17
PHP Version : 5.6.16
Server Software: Apache/2.4.17 (Win64) PHP/5.6.16
I'm running Windows 10 Pro

When i worked on the MySQL this morning it all worked like a charm. Then here at noon it suddently stopped working. The icon is yellow. I have another server, but that runs on port 3307 while Wamp runs on 3306. I've tried everything, from Skype to change the ports and so on.

I would be very grateful for an answer, since I have the responsibility for the database

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamserver mysql suddenly not running
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 12, 2016 01:32AM

Look at the MySQL error log, maybe you have a database coruption issue

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Johannes (---.natout.aau.dk)
Date: April 12, 2016 08:25AM

2016-04-12T06:22:23.487633Z 0 [Warning] System table 'plugin' is expected to be transactional.
2016-04-12T06:22:24.477167Z 0 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Incorrect key file for table 'user'; try to repair it
2016-04-12T06:22:24.479170Z 0 [ERROR] Aborting

How to fix this?

Date: April 12, 2016 10:13AM

I think the simplest solution here would be to restore from your last backup.

Alternatively you could try to repair the `user` table

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Johannes (---.natout.aau.dk)
Date: April 12, 2016 04:15PM

I've tried to uninstall it and did a clean install, and it worked fine. Then I closed it down and got the same problem. How to repair? step by step please

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 04:28PM by Johannes.

Date: April 12, 2016 04:59PM

I cannot give you a step by step solution, these things are always slightly unique.

I think the real question here ought to be why are you consistantly getting this corruption!

As you are running another MYSQL Server on the same machine I would bet that has got something to do with the issue. If you are not totally sure what you are doing with MYSQL, this can and has caused issues.

Where did you get the other MYSQL Server from?
How is it installed?

Some installs of MYSQL like the one you can install from the MYSQL Website itself, sometimes puts a my.ini or my.cnf into the C:\windows tree and this can get WAMPServer's MYSQL confused ( WAMPServer does not spray its config file around into the C:\windows tree ANYWHERE, but the default search path MYSQL uses to locate it my.ini file does look in there, even WAMPServers version of it, and if its finding your other MYSQL Server's my.ini in there it will be using that and not its own.

This can cause all sorts of issues, maybe its causing this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 04:59PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 12, 2016 06:29PM

Hi,

Advice or rather a requirement if you want to prevent database problems
- Always stop the MySQL server(s) normally BEFORE you shut down or restart Windows.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: April 12, 2016 08:05PM

RiggsFolly I'm running the MySQL from Oracle. You suggest that I should delete that? It's more than the SQL itself i.e. the workbench and all the addons to for example Excel

Date: April 12, 2016 08:17PM

Yea, Oracle bought MYSQL, but its still basically MYSQL.

If you are not using the other MYSQL, YES uninstall it.

If you have databases you want to keep, run a backup on those first, they can be restored to WAMPServers MYSQL if you actually need them

MYSQL Workbench can be installed as a standalone and used on WAMPServers version of MYSQL if you want to keep that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 08:22PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: April 12, 2016 08:58PM

Thanks, I will do so. But why can't there be two different MySQls running on two different ports?

Date: April 12, 2016 10:00PM

Should I delete all instances for Oracles MySQL_ Because I\ve deleted the server, and the directory with i my.ini file, and I stil get the error

Date: April 13, 2016 03:19PM

Dont delete, uninstall it properly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.