Wampserver MySQL stops working intermitently
Posted by: jspencer (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 11, 2014 08:27PM

I have Wampserver 2.4 running on a Windows XP system. Occasionally, I get an "Error establishing a database connection" error. When this happens, I can't get to any of my sites and phpmyAdmin doesn't allow me to log in. I have a number of sites and corresponding databases and all fail at once. I have one site that uses the database to generate parts of the Home page. This one gives me the error: "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

It acts like MySQL is not responding, but there is no indication that MySQL has stopped. The Wampserver icon is green throughout this and the Wampmysqld Service says it's running. I've tried restarting MySQL, I've tried restarting Wampserver, I've tried rebooting the computer, and I've tried re-installing Wampserver. Any of these actions sometimes fixes it, but I can also fix it as times by doing nothing and just waiting a few minutes, so I'm not sure if any of the other actions are really fixing anything or just causing me to wait a few minutes until it decides to fix itself. Other times, I can use Wampserver over several hours or even a day or two without a problem.

I'm running this on a Windows XP 32-bit system with 4 GB of memory and a 3.52 GHz processor. The number of applications running doesn't seem to be the problem -- right now it's failed with just Firefox and Outlook running (plus the usual background apps like Norton and Mozy).

This has been going on for some months now and I am about ready to give up on Wampserver. I use this as a development site, so having it fail intermittently is definitely a non-starter.

Jon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver MySQL stops working intermitently
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: April 11, 2014 11:58PM

Hi Jon,

Have a look at this document about fixing a few minor problems with the 2.4 release

[forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.