Apache1.3.x Add-on
Posted by: Xajel (193.188.105.---)
Date: January 23, 2006 11:23AM

I worked on several php sites... most of them are modified/collection from free GNU ready made php's...

When I upgraded from wamp 1.4.3 to wamp 1.6.1.. most did'nt work...

I worked around to find a solution then I discoverd it was from Apache2... as when I disable it and start Apche1 from the older version manually every things works perfect ( except I have to set db user as root, coz before I can leave it empty without a glitch )

currently I don't have much time to see the whole code just to what changed.. so I think I'll downgrade to any version below 1.6.0 ( as versions 1.6.0 and up have Apache2 )...

on the other hand most hosters will have long time before upgrading to Apache2

so is there's any chance to have Apache 1.3.x add-on like the PHP4 add-on so we can change between them??? or even choose the one we want while installing WAMP ???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache1.3.x Add-on
Posted by: Yoshi (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: January 24, 2006 06:37PM

I have the same problem, some of my flash applications doesn't work because they are coded with apache 1.3. It would be nice to have an addon for apache 1.3 instead of apache 2.0 only

Posted by: Brian (---.dsl.mdsnwi.ameritech.net)
Date: January 24, 2006 07:40PM

I'll second... or third this motion! This would be an excellent add-on.

And yes, with the way different versions of Apache/php/mysql/etc/etc may be adopted or not adopted by different hosts, you could easily find yourself having to use any number of combinations.

Posted by: Romain Bourdon (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: January 24, 2006 10:20PM

I'm going to think about it but it would be hard to maintain and to have fully compatible with other add-ons.

Romain

Date: January 25, 2006 10:48AM

I didn't expect any other user have the some problem with Apache2... I tried some pro coded php's some I made and some others well known ( VBulletin, Coppermine, pafileDB ) and they worked just fine... but when testing some other less pro coded php's they won't work and show alot of errors...

currently I stayd with WAMP 1.6.1 after making some mod to it's file to replace the Apache2 with Apache 1.3.x and every thing works perfect, I used some older version .bat files and make some mod. to the wamp .ini file to make this work... but it still need other work ( alias still have problems )...

Romain...
Thank you very much for your great job. I could not find any other server like WAMP...

Date: February 11, 2006 10:04AM

Is there's any progress brother ???

I hope this will not need too much work to do..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.