No connection excluding local host
Posted by: Hell_Yeah96 (---.ip.secureserver.net)
Date: March 23, 2014 08:42PM

Hi,

I've recently installed wamp on a godaddy VPS, it's a windows 2008 sever (64-bit). For those who don't know, godaddy VPS comes with ISS, a Microsoft alternative to wamp. After removing ISS, everything worked fine on local host, however the apache side doesn't work outside of localhost. (50.63.67.28) I've checked and the 80 port is free. Any Ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No connection excluding local host
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 24, 2014 11:47AM

Ideas, yup.

You will need to change the Apache config to allow any ip address OR specific ip addresses access to Apache.

Remember WAMP is a developers tool, and designed and configured to run on a developers PC safely i.e. not be accessed from outside that PC.

So do this :-

left click wampmanager (the W icon in the system tray, it should be green) -> Put Online

If that fails, it does sometimes for various reasons do this

Edit \wamp\bin\apache\apache2.x.y\conf/httpd.conf

Locate this section
#   onlineoffline tag - don't remove
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1

Now if you are running Apache2.2.x change it to ( its helpful if you give version details )
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all

If you are running Apache 2.4.x chnage it to
    Require all granted

I have to say if you are asking this kind of question, you are probably not best equiped to setup and manage a web server that is available to the world (of hackers). You probably do not have the knowledge and experience to configure a secure site.

Also WAMPServer, while a marvellous developers tool is not the best tool for a live website.

A hosted server not only buys you disk space and a software stack, it also gets you professional people to setup, configure and protect that basic software stack. Food for thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.