Troubleshooting an issue
Posted by: tooner (---.wilsoncomputers.co.uk)
Date: March 12, 2014 02:36PM

I'm like a fish up a tree at the moment and am really desperate to get a resolution to the problem I'm having. We run a PHP/SQL based system that multiple users connect to on multiple devices to manage jobs, produce invoices etc. The problem is the system freezes and to fix it we restart WAMP.

I've tried the configuration file tweaks as recommended to turn off IPV6 among other things but this hasn't made a difference. The log files show nothing just before a freeze.

Can anyone tell me how I can try and diagnose the problem please? For example, can I turn on a higher level of logging? Could it be PHP code causing it to crash?

Forever grateful for any help.
Thanks
Tooner

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Troubleshooting an issue
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 12, 2014 02:54PM

Please read [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 12, 2014 03:07PM

Apologies

Version of Operating system: Server 2012 Essentials
Version of Wamp Server installed: 2.4
Version of Apache you are running: 2.4.4
Version of MySQL you are running: 5.4.12
Version of PHP you are running: 5.6.12

Date: March 12, 2014 04:26PM

Adding these to the httpd.conf has been know to help

AcceptFilter http none
AcceptFilter https none
EnableSendfile off
EnableMMAP off

Check for existing parameters rather than just plonk them in httpd.conf! !!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: tooner (---.224.109.in-addr.arpa)
Date: March 12, 2014 04:48PM

Thank you, I've tried this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. People are starting to get very angry with me sad smiley

Date: March 12, 2014 05:21PM

Its actually an Apache on Windows issue and therefore not strictly a WAMPServer problem.
But I know that wont keep them off your back.

Date: March 12, 2014 06:28PM

Well if this fixes it I'm going to be the happiest man on earth. If it doesn't fix it I guess it's Apache I should really be looking at because when it does freeze the page doesn't load at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.