Wamp Server not working at all.
Posted by: longboy (---.alshamil.net.ae)
Date: March 09, 2014 07:23AM

Win 7 home basic Admin 64bit
Wampserver 2.4 64bit
Apache 2.4.4
Mysql 5.6.12
PHP 5.4.12
Icon Green

Host File.
127.0.0.1 acdid.acdsystems.com
127.0.0.1 localhost

Problem:
I have just installed Wampserver but its not working for me. I cannot create user, I cannot create database, I cannot do anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot sign into phpMyAdmin.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 09, 2014 02:45PM

What userid are you using to login to phpmyadmin?

MySQL is installed with ONE userid configured it is called 'root' and is the SUPER USER i.e. it has privileges to do anything. This applies to any MySQL vanilla install, not just the way WAMPServer does it. It is documented as such in the manual (see link below)
MySQL is not a trivial database manager and should not be considered so. If you want to learn how to use it properly you are going to have to do some reading of the manual or at least some tutorials of which many can be found on the internet.

The signon for phpmyadmin is on a new install of WAMPServer is:

Username = root
password = ( leave this blank )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Cannot sign into phpMyAdmin.
Date: March 10, 2014 10:21AM

Thanks for replying,

I have installed the wampserver for the first time to learn php. No I did used some other

User Name : Admin
password: ""

I was trying to run this server and found out that we have to do some configuration after installation, I have done all modifications and now server is not starting (icon in system tray is orange).

Need help running this soon.

Thanks

Re: Wamp Server not working at all.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 10, 2014 10:37AM

Well go back and check all your changes. You must have done something wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Wamp Server not working at all.
Date: March 10, 2014 01:22PM

I have reinstalled wamp and its working fine now. Earlier I was using Admin as a user and no password that's why I was not having any access.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.