Reboot after power loss, icon staying Orange!
Posted by: freespirit (---.plus.com)
Date: January 14, 2014 02:30AM

Hi Everyone

I hope the New Year has begun well for everyone.

I was happily adding a new post on my WordPress site when suddenly there was a power failure. When the electricity returned, the server powered up, I launched wampserver (version 2.4) and my dns update client as usual and my wamp icon just stayed yellow. I looked in the Apache error log but didn't understand it. It read...

"[Mon Jan 13 21:30:23.180664 2014] [cgi:error] [pid 2588:tid 1600] [client 223.4.33.145:44751] script not found or unable to stat: X:/wamp/cgi-bin"

I don't know what to do, all my sites are down:-( Can anyone advise?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reboot after power loss, icon staying Orange!
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: January 14, 2014 06:04AM

Look in the MySQL log

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: January 14, 2014 01:21PM

Hi Steve,

I launched wamp to view the mysql log but before I did, I made a backup copy of the wamp folder. During the copy process, I got an error message to say that it could not copy file

X\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.6.12\data autumn.pid (autumn being the name of the server) because the file was missing.

I skipped that file and copy completed.

Im letting you know this before I copy and paste the code generated in the mysql log for your perusal just in case you ask for it in light of the absent file be the cause of the problem. In the space of 24hrs since outtage, the log is long and incomprehensible to me.

kind regards
free

Posted by: amir.abdelatef (41.191.11.---)
Date: February 19, 2014 10:33AM

i've faced the same problem, resolved it with re-installing wamp, but with some sql table loss, now i returned back to appserv till i find an exact solution to this problem, i hope you tell me about what u did. Thanks

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: February 19, 2014 03:24PM

Appserv <=> WAMPServer pretty much the same thing, except appserv is not as flexible as WAMP..

In other words if you were using that and got the same situation you would get the same problem.

The problem being you dont appear to want to learn how to use MySQL properly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 19, 2014 07:36PM

Hi Amir,

I had my drives bitlocked. The drives have to be open in order for wamp to use them. After the power failure, the drive went back to being in a locked state and wamp could not access it. When I unlocked the drive, wamp went back to green.

Probably not what you were looking for but I hope this will be useful to someone.

kind regards
free

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.