a bunch of unpredictable errors
Posted by: nkuhlman (---.home.otenet.gr)
Date: February 06, 2014 09:44AM

The setup:

Version of Operating system? WinXP 2002 Service pack 3
Version of Wamp Server installed? 2.4
Version of Apache you are running?2.4.4
Version of MySQL you are running? 5.6.12
Version of PHP you are running?5.4.16
Browser Opera 12.16

What colour is your WampManager icon? Green

Do you have a HOSTS file? [c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts]
Paste any entries relating to the domain localhost and also any relating to your Virtual Hosts if you have any.

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost

everything else in the file is comments.

The Problem:

recurrent, but unpredictable errors including Error connecting to Database, cannot init phpmyadmin without errors, cannot login to WP as admin with passwd 100% certain, although can visit my blog by navigating to the site folder.

Without knowing it, I had a working WAMP stack some months back, installed piece by piece. Then I broke it and uninstalled the various components, I think. I feel like I'm chasing my tail. Sometimes, clearing cookies and flushing cache makes phpmyadmin login work again, sometimes not.

Any experienced persons with ideas about the _most likely_ source of problems, I'd be eager to hear what you have to say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a bunch of unpredictable errors
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: February 06, 2014 11:46AM

Make sure you have removed all the previously installed Apache,MySQL and PHP.

Some people suggest putting the my.ini or my.cnf into the windows folder ( bad idea ) So search for any my.ini or my.cnf that does not exists within the \wamp\.... folder structure and delete them.

Make sure you dont have the old Apache or MySQL services running. WAMPServer calls these 2 services 'wampapache' and 'wampmysql', so if you see a service called 'Apache' or 'MYSQL' running you must delete those old services. See the SC command for how to delete a service.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.