how to configure wampServer when zenframeWork 2 is also configured
Posted by: andreea115 (---.range81-157.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 02, 2014 01:05PM

Hello everyone.

i am using WampServer Version 2.4.

when i first downloaded it , it worked perfectly and i was able to go to the route directory of all my websites by clicking onto the icon: localhost via my browser (this gave me a full list of all sites hosted under www)

my problem started when i installed Zendframework 2 on my system, once i installed it i was only able to access the Zendframework websites but non of the non-framework sites.

perhaps it might help if i summrize the installation process for the zend; in accordance with the 'installation instructions' i went to the apache config file i.e

C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.2\conf

and did the following:

127.0.0.1 testingZendTwo

i then created a virtual host for my testingZendTwo project, i did this by going to ;

C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.4.4\conf\httpd

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName testingZendTwo
DocumentRoot "C:\Users\testingZendTwo\public"
SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV "development"
<Directory "C:\Users\testingZendTwo\public">
DirectoryIndex index.php
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

now, if i want to access the zend file from my browser all i need to do is to type in: testingZendTwo

however, if i now type in localhost the apache server takes me straight to testingZendTwo folder. it no longer gives me access to the other websites.

i would really appreciate any help or advice. i want basically to be able to access my non zend files from the WWW directory and then access the zend file as above.

warm regards

Andreea

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to configure wampServer when zenframeWork 2 is also configured
Posted by: RiggsFolly (92.24.212.---)
Date: February 04, 2014 10:45AM

Hi Andreea,

Your problem is that you have download 2 very similiar things

WAMPServer is Apache/MySQL and PHP

ZendFramework also downloads Apache/MySQL and PHP and the Zend PHP Framework which is just a php library basically.

So basically you dont need both.

If you want both then you are going to have to tell either WAMP's Apache and MySQL to run in a differnt port or Zends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.