Using Wamp to run site that pulls info from LAN
Posted by: cervantes (196.212.79.---)
Date: January 30, 2014 02:45PM

Hi Guys,

Not quite sure if this is at all possible but lets see what you think..

I have a site running via Wamp on a local pc that basicly pulls router traffic stats from mikotik router (172.18.0x.x range).

The html just points to an ip address on the local LAN and pulls the graphs.

I also setup freedns so that i can access the site from internet.

i setup port 80 forwarding.

I can see the complete website from within the LAN on the pc's.

When I however try access the site over the internet. I can see its loading the html side of the website.

It does however seem that my internet based browser tries to compile the html, so its not recognizing the internal IP's in the html code and thus does not display the website correctly.

I'm probably taking a fat chance here trying to achieve this. Know if it is posible? or does the Internet PC always do the compiling of the internet code?

Thought id try and be clever and get the LAN site online.

Any comments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Using Wamp to run site that pulls info from LAN
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: January 30, 2014 03:26PM

Could it be that your internal router now sees the request coming from an external IP and says

"Hack me Not"

and ignores the request for the graph.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.