PhpMyAdmin Errors v4.5.5.1 vs. 4.5.4.1
Posted by: MadSpaniard (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2016 09:47PM

Hello -

I created an entirely clean installation using the latest WAMP 3.0.4 x86. Everything is running well. However, I am having problems importing SQL files using PhpMyAdmin/Import. I've always been able to import these same SQL files historically, just not now.

I get errors such as this which causes the SQL import to abort before completing:

"ending quote ' was expected. (near "" at position 1536)"

The above error occurs when I import with PhpMyAdmin 4.5.5.1 (which is included in WAMP 3.0.4).

However, I then tried installing prior version of PhyMyAdmin:

1. wampserver3_x86_x64_phpmyadmin4.5.5.exe: import aborts with same error as above

2. wampserver3_x86_x64_phpmyadmin4.5.4.1.exe: Import SUCCESSFUL

This occurs consistently with a number of SQL import files: PhpMyAdmin v4.5.4.1 always succeeds, but subsequent versions abort.

Any ideas why this may be occuring? Has something changed in PhpMyAdmin in recent versions that might cause this?

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PhpMyAdmin Errors v4.5.5.1 vs. 4.5.4.1
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 11, 2016 01:11AM

Hi

The best way to find that out is to look on the pgpMyAdmin site. We dont write pgpMyAdmin, we just install the latest version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 11, 2016 09:36AM

Hi,

> I get errors such as this which causes the SQL import to abort before completing:
> "ending quote ' was expected. (near "" at position 1536)"
When seeking help, it is of utmost importance to give the error messages so COMPLETE and ACCURATE.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 11, 2016 09:15PM

Hello Again -

Thanks RiggsFolly and Otomatic for your replies. I went to the phpMyAdmin site and downloaded the very latest beta version and installed that, which produces the same error upon input, a "1064" error which is an input parsing error I believe.

So it seems that RiggsFolly is correct, there may be something within the more recent versions phpMyAdmin itself which may be parsing import sql files a little differently, unlrelated to Wampserver.

I will use v4.5.4.1 for now, but again, it's apparently unrelated to Wampserver.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 11, 2016 09:57PM

To be honest, it sounds like your input data has a problem.

Regardless of whether it runs in an old version of phpMyAdmin the error seems quite straight forward.

What version of MySQL or pgpMyAdmin was the exported file taken from

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 16, 2016 09:33PM

Hi RiggsFolly -

I think you are right. I have a number of MySQL exports taken using the "WP Migrate DB" plugin for WordPress. That plugin hasn't hasn't been updated in about 3 months, so it's possible that the SQL format it exports to by default is no longer what is optimal for the latest phpMyAdmin. Possibly affecting the incompatibility may be that my website hosting provider is running Percona Server 5.6.28.

Either way, it's not a big deal, as I noted I can get it to work by reverting to phpMyAdmin 4.5.4.1, and I suspect whatever minor incompatibility might end up being resolved after a few version updates become available.

As you noted above, this is not an issue with Wampserver, so all good.

Thanks again for your help.

Date: April 02, 2016 03:10PM

Just an update: I installed the very latest phpMyAdmin 4.6.0 update using the installer posted by Otomatic (namely this one: wampserver3_x86_x64_phpmyadmin4.6.0.exe) and now everything is importing and working fine. I tested using the exact same SQL import files that had previously failed on the same databases of the same Wampserver installation.

So perhaps there was something going on in the prior phpMyAdmin release (e.g. 4.5.5.1) that is now updated within phpMyAdmin 4.6.0.

Bottom line: all is now good with phpMyAdmin 4.6.0.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 02, 2016 03:22PM

Hi,

> So perhaps there was something going on in the prior phpMyAdmin release (e.g. 4.5.5.1)
> that is now updated within phpMyAdmin 4.6.0.
Yes. I think you're right.
I had the sad example by exporting local tables with phpMyAdmin 4.6.0 to import to my Gandi host with phpMyAdmin 4.5.5.1.
There were several errors when importing, saying that for certain fields of my tables was missing a quote (').
The same import, always in my Gandi host, but using Adminer or MySQLDumper was effected without any problems.
Then, after contact with Gandi and passing to phpMyAdmin 4.6.0, no errors.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: losdos (---.66-39-166.bendtel.net)
Date: April 16, 2016 04:13AM

I can confirm I had the same results. I was also importing a sql file that was exported with WP Migrate DB Pro. I upgraded to 4.6 and it worked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.