localhost opens iis7 page
Posted by: kestri (---.kln.forthnet.gr)
Date: November 01, 2009 11:17PM

Hello and thank you for your help. I installed wamp and i see it a half yellow. When i go to localhost it opens a iis7 page. please help me

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localhost opens iis7 page
Date: November 01, 2009 11:50PM

i fixed yelow wamp cause i did not installed apache . now everything is ok 127.0.0.1 go to wamp page but localhost not . .. i will read a little bit and i will let you know . . THANK YOU

Date: November 02, 2009 12:05AM

ie localhost is correct
mozila localhost goes to iis7 page

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 03, 2009 12:36AM

in FF, clear browser cache and try again; still not work, then follow this

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:
Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:
Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp
Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and make sure you have only this line and nothing else
127.0.0.1 localhost

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: mikeys4u (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: September 12, 2012 02:29PM

I had the same, instead of flushing Firefox cache, I just pressed shift and reload, much easier and faster.

It works.....

Posted by: aparna_vb (117.221.27.---)
Date: January 13, 2014 09:16AM

instead of disabling IIS, if you just stop the services related to IIS and MS SQL Server(if you have them running), you can get your WAMP server to work.

You need to go to Task Manager and click on Services tab and then click on the Services button on the bottom right hand corner, you need to stop these services by selecting the service, right click and select STOP option:

IIS Admin
SQL Express or SQL Server services that show as Started

Then, left click onthe WAMP server icon in the tray and click Restart all services....this should start the WAMP server and you should see it in Green color now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.