What's the real truth?
Posted by: Zoidman (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2014 03:25AM

I installed WAMP, and have had nothing but problems. here is a quote from the home page:

WampServer installs automatically all you need to start developing web applications and is very intuitive to use. You will be able to tune your server without even touching the setting files.

Then the first post I read was the sticky: "What to do after install", which completely nullifies the above statement. Whoever wrote that could have just wrote a batch file or script, instead of bothering us the users from having to sift through files... and all the stuff we do not understand.

Reading the forums I find that lots of people have the same problems for various reasons, and different problems for the same reasons, and there seem to be many people who know the answers.

Why not just make the program and installer consider all of that, and make it work for those who do not understand programming, syntax, variables...

Some people don't even know what a file system is, let alone that windows has a calculator...

These types of problems have greatly infested themselves throughout the open source world, and nothing ever works out of the box, or can be fixed without having to jump through hoops to find a working solution, only to find the next problem.

Please: Less explaining, more fixing!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's the real truth?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 09, 2014 09:34AM

Hi,

We are only users of WampServer trying to help other users.
If you have any grievances or complaints, do it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.