How to acess my Wramp Server from another computer
Posted by: MrPrajwalKoirala (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 01, 2014 06:28AM

Hey guys can you teach me how to acess my wramp server from another computer
When i go to my computer ip from another computer nothing happens its just loading
I am using WrampServer 2.4

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to acess my Wramp Server from another computer
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: January 02, 2014 11:42AM

Hello Prajwal,

WampServr is configured by default to be accessed only from the PC that you install it onto, so that complete beginners dont get into security problems.

If you want to access the Server ( Apache ) from other PC's on your internal network this is what you should do.

First as you have WampServer 2.4 installed you should read through this document and make the suggested amendments. [forum.wampserver.com]

Once you have corrected the Apache configuration file, httpd.conf you will then be able to use the 'Put Online' / 'Put Offline' menu commands on the WampManager ( the icon in the system tray ). This will allow anyone in the universe to access your Apache server, but as long as the router is not port forwarding port 80 to the PC running Apache in reality it will mean only people on your internal network.

Alternatively, ( just in case you have port forwarded your router, or you think you might in the future) you can leave your server OffLine and just add this one line to your amended config ( httpd.conf ) file as follows.

# onlineoffline tag - do not remove
    Require local

# new line allowing all ip's in my internal network to access Apache
    Require ip 192.168.0

note the use of only 3 of the 3 quartiles of the ip address. This should be the first 3 quartiles of your internal network, and will allow any ip in the range 192.168.0.0 -> 192.168.0.255 to access the Apache server.

This will not allow access to the tools 'phpmyadmin', 'sqlbuddy' .. etc

If you want to allow access to those from outside the server PC you must also amend the conf files in \wamp\alias\ and also include the new line 'Require ip 192.168.0' in here as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: maurice77 (---.dyn.cable.fcom.ch)
Date: January 03, 2014 05:38AM

Hello i want to acess the procect xyz from the wampserver page over the internet.

my private-ip is: 192.168.1.32
my public-ip is: 5.134.2.134$
apache= 2.4
router with ( i made a ip forwarding to my private-ip).
windows 8.0

I installed wamp server, its fine, i can start over localhost on my browser and then
i get the wampserver page with the proect xyz if i click on this procect i get the page from the
project xyz.

i made the following steps:

i cann start over the browser on my local pc with my private ip 192.168.1.32 the wampserver page,
and then the clicking on the project xyz i get the page xyz. because i wrote like above require ip 192.168.0 in the conf files. ( so does mean evryt pc on this network should cann acess to my wampserver)

i cann start over the browser on my local pc with my public ip 5.134.2.134 the wampserver page,
and then the clicking on the project xyz i get the page xyz. because i wrote like above require ip 5.134.2.134 in the conf files. the browser does redirect me to localhost/projectxyz/index.php?
but it shows me the page from the project xyz.

then i tried to access over the internet ( with the public ip 5.134.2.134 ), i dident worked i got the message you dont have
permission to access on this server. so i put the follwoing tag "Require all granted" into the conf
files and extend the conf file. i got the wampserver page.

Now: this is the Main-Problem: if write the Public IP Number from Internet outside the Network ( Mobile)
into the mobile browser, i got the Wampage, but if i click now to the project , it does redirect me
to localhost/projectxyz/index.php? and there is a message , google chrome couldnt connect to localhost.

I did not made any changes to the conf files only this, steps.

what shall i do, :=(, i searched so long , and tried many ways but no idea, ...),

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.ppp.as43234.net)
Date: January 03, 2014 10:37AM

If you want to access your site from the internet then
    Require all granted
Is all that is required. This will allow access from any ip address including your internal network and the PC running WAMP (Apache).

The domain name 'localhost' has no meaning when used from the internet, or at least the wrong meaning, as it is a special name that only exists because you created it in your hosts file, and it is a way of identifying the device that you are running on, so the mobile in your case, so at best it would mean the mobile you are running the browser on.

One solution would be to use the address 'http://5.134.2.134/projectxyz' and that should go directly to your site, rather than going via the WampServer home page.

A better solution would be to create a 'Virtual Host'.
This is a way of getting Apache to host more than one web site, but can also help in going directly to the site as if it were the only site it is hosting, at least as far as the user is concerned. Apache will then look at the domain name and direct itself to the correct folders on disk rather than going via a home page.

It would be advisable to create a Dynamic DNS name ( see dyndns.com or no-ip.com ) so that you can access the site by using a more readable domain name like 'mysite.noip.info'

If the Virtual Host idea appeals let me know and I will email you a HOWTO setup Virtual Hosts document.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: maurice77 (---.dyn.cable.fcom.ch)
Date: January 04, 2014 03:25AM

Hello Riggs thanx for your Help,

i found the Problem i did installed in this case the Project was Prestashop, during the installation it's asked me for the adress for the database, so i put localhost.

let me explain the problem again first, as i wrote above i tried to acess, from outside from the internet to this Project i got the link localhost/prestashop, but outside from the internet its not possible to connect, of course.

so changed in the database for this project in the table the domain wiche was set to localhost to,
my public ip, and did tried again and it works!!

but myfirst step was to, create in the www , a test directory with a index.html, i tried to connect from the internet to this test directory , i did worked, so i realized that something in the prestashop db, could be the problem, then i searched in the database of this application the string localhost, and found in a table the url domain, this one, i changed as i wrote.

now i will, check how i cann, create virtual hosts and then, and then dyn dns, because the public ip, does change all the time.

cheers.......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.