MySql problems
Posted by: Synov_son (---.volia.net)
Date: December 18, 2013 12:40PM

Hi, I have a problem with Mysql.
I have installed Wampserver (64 bits & PHP 5.4) 2.4 on my windows 8 enterprise.
Apache : 2.4.4 MySQL : 5.6.12 PHP : 5.4.12 PHPMyAdmin : 4.0.4 SqlBuddy : 1.3.3 XDebug : 2.2.3
I went to phpmyadmin and made only one user with all privileges, but then I understood that I need MySQL 5.1.X and I installed it as an addon. Afterwards I changed in menu of wampmanager icon the version of mysql. Now I can not log in phpmyadmin. ( #2002 Cannot log in to the MySQL server). In addition, I can not change version of MySQL back. It says: 'Could not execute menu item (internal error). [Exception] Could not perform built-in action: No service has been opened yet!', and icon changes from orange to red.

Hosts File:
127.0.0.1 localhost

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 12:41PM by Synov_son.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySql problems
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 18, 2013 02:13PM

I am afraid all the ADDONS are still 32bit.

But a 32bit MySQL should not have caused the Apache service to fail to start ( as your error message implies )

When you download a new MySQL that new version is completely seperate from the original one and is as if fresh out of the box. So you have a 'root' userid with no password which is the SuperUser, allowed to do anything. Login using Username = root password = (leave it blanks )

Suggest you install the 32bit WAMPServer and go from there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Synov_son (---.volia.net)
Date: December 18, 2013 02:36PM

I have tried the root user - same error. Will there be any difference from 64 bit ?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 19, 2013 01:42AM

No

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.