can't ge tmy first php script to work
Posted by: Darryl (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: January 18, 2006 09:04AM

Hello People,
I am a php newbie, I have installed wamp5. I am following this basic tutorial [www.zend.com]. I've followed it precisely, I've placed the example php he gives in the correct folder, in the www root,

I go to my browser as he suggests and browse the file. file:///c:/wamp/www/myTest.php, it shows the page up but the php isn't working. Wamp5 is running, it says 1 of 2 services are running at the on the wamp5 icon.

The php file is this, I saved with the.php extension. The html in the body worked fine "Agent: So who do you think you are, anyhow?". But the "echo 'Neo: I am Neo, but my people call me The One.';" doesn't work at all. I tried out another example but still no joy. . Any suggestons would be greatly apprieciated.

<html>
<head></head>
<body>

Agent: So who do you think you are, anyhow?
<br />

<?php
// print output
echo 'Neo: I am Neo, but my people call me The One.';
?>

</body>
</html>

Thanks,

Darryl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can't ge tmy first php script to work
Posted by: Romain Bourdon (---.w193-251.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: January 18, 2006 09:48AM

You need to open your page throught [localhost]

Romain

Re: can't get my first php script to work
Date: January 18, 2006 03:15PM

Thanks Romain for that, nice one. Only I've discovered a more serious problem now, Its not related but I think it been there from the outset of installing. Wamp services isn't running Apache. Apache is greyed out in Wamp5, when I press Install Service, I get an error,

Aestan Tray Menu.

Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not execute run action: The system cannot find the file specified.

My operating sytem is windows 2000, I've never installed Apache before.

I've looked to see if port 80 is clear, it is. I've tried reinstalling wamp5, I get the same error.

My serverroot is, ServerRoot "c:/wamp/apache2".

My httpd.conf is in C:\wamp\Apache2\conf

I'm confused, so is my mate who normally solves these type of problems. Anyone out there got a clue please, thanks.

Date: January 19, 2006 04:59PM

Thanks, I've sorted it now.

Posted by: jpnunn (---.bulldogdsl.com)
Date: March 22, 2006 11:59AM

Hi Darryl,

- It looks like I have the same problem you had ( I have win 2000) and get this when i try and start or install apache:

Aestan Tray Menu.

Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not execute run action: The system cannot find the file specified.

Would be great if you could let me know how you fixed this

Thanks

Joe

Posted by: jpnunn (---.bulldogdsl.com)
Date: March 22, 2006 12:13PM

Just for info I have removed IIS and I dont think my port 80 is in use.

Posted by: syed (---.mtp.cmsinter.net)
Date: March 22, 2006 03:10PM

Try running the service as an administrator. Make sure no firewall such as service pack II is blocking apache.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.