deactivate curl
Posted by: brahmfrie (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: October 01, 2012 07:19PM

how can I deactivate curl?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: deactivate curl
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: October 01, 2012 08:35PM

reverse what you did to activate it.

Are you for real?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: October 01, 2012 08:36PM

Posted by: brahmfrie (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: October 01, 2012 08:45PM

the snide remark from RiggsFolly really isn't helpful. I actually did try to deactivate it by clicking on the php extension. When I checked to see if it was deactivated, it was still checked. I just checked again and it is deactivated. I guess I should have restarted the service.

Thanks for your help and kind words!!!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: October 01, 2012 09:26PM

No offence intended brahmfrie, but, on the 30th you asked how to activate curl. 2 days later you asked how to deactivate curl.

I just assumed you had done what i suggested to activate it and could therefore reverse the process all by yourself if you had stopped to think about it.

All snide comments apart,

Hey Steve,

I have also noticed that WAMP MANAGER does not always action the change to activate/deactivate extensions on the first attempt. I think I noticed it using W8 but does not appear to be exclusive to that OS, has wamp picked up a bit of a hickup in this area recently??

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: October 01, 2012 09:29PM

ye i have noticed it, never bothered to check it out, since 2.2 its been slow at restarting the services.

ill look into it more...

i got your PM , But was abroad all last week, do you have gmail or some other IM we could use to chat?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: erm3nda (46.222.4.---)
Date: November 18, 2013 06:36PM

You can manage to activate/deactivate the PHP extension by the common way; editing the php.ini file.
You can see it easily because they're defined in a row near to the end of the file.

Simply comment with ; the unwanted extension.
extension=php_curl.dll should look:

;extension=php_curl.dll

You can experience some other issues like that, i.e. trying to enable the zip extension from wamp menu.
I dont know why in they world those people below don't post the right solution, including the moderator.

Regards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.