Wampache in Win Server 2003 not starting...
Posted by: groovdafied (67.215.87.---)
Date: October 30, 2013 10:24PM

So I'm running Windows Server 2003 in Parallels, upon first installation and starting the WAMP server, I get the green light and localhost page responds.

So I changed the apache config file so I can access the website from the host computer based on some online instructions, changing the order to Allow, Deny. I restarted the server and I get stuck at yellow.

I go into the services list, I have web client disabled, and I found out that Ampache is not starting. I rebooted the vm and same issue. I changed back the settings order and nothing. I manually start the wampache service, and it fails, giving me a generic "contact the vender" message.

What could be the issue? I'm also not getting anything from the logs, the last bit just shows successful comments and the last comment that I've rebooted the server. THen nothing after that.

I really appreciate your help.

BTW: This is a new install of the server and WAMP. No DC, no DHCP, just basics. I even tried the port 80 test, and it says that port 80 is not in use. I do not have skype either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 10:25PM by groovdafied.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampache in Win Server 2003 not starting...
Posted by: groovdafied (67.215.87.---)
Date: October 30, 2013 10:33PM

I Solved my own problem, thanks!

Re-installed, got it working again. Made changes to the config, this time, I just commented out the old and duplicated the new with the modification. It must have been how I written the code the last time. Now I can restart the server, quit it, reboot the system and get the same result. AND I'm able to communicate to the server via the host machine.

Thanks again for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.