New install of Wamp3.0, getting errors
Posted by: Gbergan (---.stx.res.rr.com)
Date: February 04, 2016 10:50PM

I've just installed Wampserver 3.0, after installing VC9,10,11,13, and 14, and "hosts" has been edited. I am getting the following PHP error:

[04-Feb-2016 21:37:27 UTC] PHP Warning: symlink(): Cannot create symlink, error code(1314) in C:\wamp\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 81
[04-Feb-2016 21:37:27 UTC] PHP Warning: symlink(): Cannot create symlink, error code(1314) in C:\wamp\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 90

In hosts, the following lines are active:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

W icon is red in system tray.

What am I missing?

Gail

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New install of Wamp3.0, getting errors
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 05, 2016 10:15AM

Are you running WAMPServer as an Administrator? Or have you tried to run it as a Standard User account.

WAMPServer must be run a an administrator

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 05, 2016 10:39AM

Hi,

What is your Windows version ?

To run as an administrator.

Right-Click on the Wampserver Shorcut, Properties, Shorcut tab, Advanced, Check Run as an administrator, OK, Apply, OK
Then always launch Wampserver with the shortcut.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 05, 2016 06:07PM

OK, I followed your instructions to run as Administrator, and restarted my computer. Sorry I forgot to mention before that this is a brand new computer running Windows 10. Now, the W icon is orange. In the Services dialog box, wampapache still is not running; when I try to launch manually, it says it cannot launch Apache on my computer.

I'm still getting the same PHP errors that I reported earlier. I don't know how to alter the C:\wamp\scripts\wampserver.lib.php file to get rid of error code 1314.

Now what?

Date: February 05, 2016 10:31PM

Did you install WAMPServer 32 or 64 bit?

Did you install both 32 and 64 bit MSVC runtimes if you are using the 64bit Windows and 54bit WAMPSevrer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 09, 2016 03:04AM

Hi,

Well my patience is running thin. I verified that I have, in fact, Windows 10 with 64 bit (I thought it was 32 bit before, my mistake). So I uninstalled Wampserver 3. I then installed all the instances of 32 + 64 bit VC VC9,10,11,13, and 14. I restarted the computer. I then installed Wampserver 3 and set it to run as Administrator. Started WS from the shortcut.

Now W icon is red again. These are the errors I'm getting:

PHP error: [09-Feb-2016 01:52:03 UTC] PHP Warning: symlink(): Cannot create symlink, error code(1314) in C:\wamp\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 81
[09-Feb-2016 01:52:03 UTC] PHP Warning: symlink(): Cannot create symlink, error code(1314) in C:\wamp\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 90

mysql error: 2016-02-09T01:52:40.343653Z 0 [Warning] InnoDB: Resizing redo log from 2*3072 to 2*320 pages, LSN=2475772
2016-02-09T01:52:40.531190Z 0 [Warning] InnoDB: Starting to delete and rewrite log files.
2016-02-09T01:52:41.062436Z 0 [Warning] InnoDB: New log files created, LSN=2475772

I really could use some substantive help, other than just questions. How do I get rid of these errors specifically? I feel like I have addressed everything you mentioned and still I do not have a working copy of WS 3.0.

ALSO; IN THE WINDOWS EVENT VIEWER:

APACHE SERVICE: AH00451: no listening sockets available, shutting down
APACHE SERVICE: (OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. : AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

MYSQL: root@localhost is created with an empty password ! Please consider switching off the --initialize-insecure option.
MYSQL: Gtid table is not ready to be used. Table 'mysql.gtid_executed' cannot be opened.
MYSQL: No existing UUID has been found, so we assume that this is the first time that this server has been started. Generating a new UUID: 8cb3efd9-cecf-11e5-b3a2-a0369f862e8d.
MYSQL: InnoDB: Creating foreign key constraint system tables.
MYSQL: InnoDB: New log files created, LSN=45790

SQLANY 16.0: E. 2016-02-08 19:47:39. SQL statement failed: (-101) Not connected to a database

SQLANY 16.0: E. 2016-02-08 19:47:39. Error while setting up to call hook procedure sp_hook_dbmlsync_process_exit_code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2016 03:15AM by Gbergan.

Date: February 09, 2016 10:27AM

Hi,

This issue: PHP Warning: symlink(): Cannot create symlink, error code(1314)

Is almost definitely because WAMPServer is not being run under an Administrator account

This issue: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

Could also be due to not being Admin or because something else has already grabbed port 80, possibly IIS and its associated software. Or maybe SKYPE, or something else

Test whats using port 80 by doing :-

left click wampmanager -> Apache -> Test Port 80

And report back what it says

The MYSQL Message look normal:

Set of normal messages from a good install of WAMPServer 3.0.0 takes from the Event Log

wampmysqld (mysqld 5.7.9) starting as process 1268 ...For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use Windows interlocked functionsFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com]. 

InnoDB: Uses event mutexesFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Memory barrier is not usedFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com]. 

InnoDB: Number of pools: 1For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Not using CPU crc32 instructionsFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, total size = 16M, instances = 1, chunk size = 16MFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer poolFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Highest supported file format is Barracuda.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Creating shared tablespace for temporary tablesFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Setting file '.\ibtmp1' size to 12 MB. Physically writing the file full; Please wait ...For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: File '.\ibtmp1' size is now 12 MB.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: 96 redo rollback segment(s) found. 96 redo rollback segment(s) are active.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: 32 non-redo rollback segment(s) are active.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: 5.7.9 started; log sequence number 2472665For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Loading buffer pool(s) from D:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.9\data\ib_buffer_poolFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: not startedFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

Server hostname (bind-address): '*'; port: 3306For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

IPv6 is available.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

- '::' resolves to '::';For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

Server socket created on IP: '::'.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Buffer pool(s) load completed at 151201  9:56:15For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 eventsFor more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

wampmysqld: ready for connections.

Version: '5.7.9'  socket: ''  port: 3306  MySQL Community Server (GPL)For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].

wampmysqld: Normal shutdown

For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: New log files created, LSN=45790For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Creating foreign key constraint system tables.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

No existing UUID has been found, so we assume that this is the first time that this server has been started. Generating a new UUID: 51c44da6-9813-11e5-8c05-1c6f653f352d.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

Gtid table is not ready to be used. Table 'mysql.gtid_executed' cannot be opened.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

root@localhost is created with an empty password ! Please consider switching off the --initialize-insecure option.For more information, see Help and Support 
Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: Resizing redo log from 2*3072 to 2*320 pages, LSN=2472030For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com]. 

InnoDB: Starting to delete and rewrite log files.For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].  

InnoDB: New log files created, LSN=2472030For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].

However if this is not of any help and you would like to try a TeamViewer Session.

Install TeamViewer and then send me a Private Message with the ID and PASSWORD and I will connect up and see if I can help. No guarantees, but we can see what we can do together.

Date: February 09, 2016 07:03PM

I most definitely have WS being run as Administrator. However, you are correct that something else is using port 80. It says

"Your port 80 isused by a processus with PID = 4"

"Your port 80 is actually used by:
Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0"

So how do we correct that?

Date: February 09, 2016 08:34PM

Ok so that means your system has Microsoft IIS installed or one of the other bits of MS technology that reports that signature, they are doing that on later versions of Windows for some reason.
If you are not intending to use it you can uninstall it, it is not an integral part of windows so its being uninstalled wont effect normal operations of windows,
and if you need to install it again later, it comes as part of the standard OS so you wont need to do anything perticularly clever.

So go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features
Click the 'Turn windows features on and off' link in the left hand menu.
Wait for the list to load and then find 'Internet Information Services'

Un check the check boxes for the following items ( you may not see all of them ), and there may be others I done know about. You may have all of these or just some of these.

1. IIS
2. Web Deploy 2.0 (Web Deployment Agent Service)
3. MS Sql Server Reporting service.
4. BranchCache ( Windows 8.1 )
5. SQL Server VSS Writer

List of possible service names not sure how up to date this is.
Tutorial on how to find what ports are in use on your system and what app is using them

Windows will then have a think for a while and then remove those applications, you will probably be asked to reboot to complete the uninstalls.
Reboot anyway when the uninstalls are complete.

Then try wamp again.

Alternativeley just disable it/them.

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

Find IIS in the list of services.
Left Click that line and select Properties
Change the 'Startup Type' to disabled.
Ditto for the other possibilities if you see them.

Date: February 10, 2016 06:18PM

OK I did as you instructed and uninstalled IIS. That was the only one in the list on my computer. Restarted my computer; thank God, I finally have a green W icon. Still not out of the woods though.

phpMyAdmin error: The mbstring extension is missing. Please check your PHP configuration.

and still getting PHP error:

[09-Feb-2016 01:52:03 UTC] PHP Warning: symlink(): Cannot create symlink, error code(1314) in C:\wamp\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 81
[09-Feb-2016 01:52:03 UTC] PHP Warning: symlink(): Cannot create symlink, error code(1314) in C:\wamp\scripts\wampserver.lib.php on line 90

although I don't know why these are dated yesterday - are they relics from yesterday?

By the way, thank you for hanging with me and for all your help.

Gail

Date: February 10, 2016 08:50PM

hi,

Thought you may have given up. Glad you didn't.

Right this one

phpMyAdmin error: The mbstring extension is missing. Please check your PHP configuration.

Smacks of a rouge php.ini file somewhere on your system. Do a search for php.ini and if you find one OUTSIDE the \wamp folder delete it or rename it if you are the careful kind.

For these
PHP Warning: symlink(): Cannot create symlink, error code(1314)

They are from yesterday so ignore them.

However to be sure do the following to refresh all the SYMLINKS

- left click wampmanager -> Apache -> Version -> 2.4.9 ( click whatever version is active i.e. has a green tick)

This will rebuild symlinks and restart Apache. Then check the APache error log again and see if there are any with todays date, if not YOU ARE GOLDEN

Date: February 10, 2016 09:39PM

I AM GOLDEN! I AM GOLDEN! I AM GOLDEN!

The last fixes finally got me in, I can see phpMyAdmin, I imported my database, everything is wonderful in my world!! (I did have rogue php.ini files, which I got rid of.)

THANK YOU SO MUCH to all the tech support guys who hung in there with me and helped me every step of the way. You guys are the greatest. I can't say enough how much I appreciate your help over the past week.

Best regards to all and au revoir,

Gail

Date: February 10, 2016 11:05PM

Phew,

Glad to hear it. Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.