How to set different PHP Version for a project ?
Posted by: andry1187 (---.static.mandarin.it)
Date: February 04, 2016 09:53AM

Hi Guys, i had migrated the old website in a new web server and i've chosen wamp.
I've installed already a the php version that old web site wanted, but i don't know how set for project "website1" the php version required.

I've installed WAMP 2.5
With php version: 5.5.12 and 5.3.27 (old website)

Can you Help Me?
Best regards
A.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to set different PHP Version for a project ?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 04, 2016 10:40AM

If you installed the old version of PHP corectly for WAMPServer then all you need to do is switch versions of PHP

- wampmanager -> PHP -> Version ->5.3.27

But as that is such an old version it requires an older version of Apache to run it.

Suggested way forward.

Install WAMPServer 3.0.0

Then install the ADDON for Apache 2.2.31
From here

Theninstall the PHP ADDON for Apache2.3.27 From here

Or copy over your old version of PHP

See this doc for how to safely upgrade WAMPServer Safely upgrade WAMPServer without loosing anything from your current install

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: andry1187 (---.static.mandarin.it)
Date: February 04, 2016 10:47AM

My God.. so long smiling smiley the fast way is so change and move directly the old web site.

Thank you.
Regards,
A.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 04, 2016 02:01PM

Yea, Sorry. I have to assume people know nothing when I answer a question, its usually the case.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2016 02:01PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 04, 2016 04:20PM

Hi,

Yet this is one of the great advantages of WampServer: Change Apache, PHP or MySQL versions "on the fly" without having to close the current Web page.

You have launched a web page and you see that there are errors; you say, I did not have these errors with the previous version of PHP.
To have confirmation, simply change the PHP version via Wampmanager, then just reload the page; you can even simultaneously change Apache release, all without leaving the web page.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.