Confused by VC++ install instructions
Posted by: Gbergan (---.stx.res.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2016 04:01AM

Hello, I am installing a new instance of Wampserver 3.0 on a new computer, trying to get everything set up properly. I am confused by your instructions to make sure all the VC++ are installed/updated. My new computer has Windows 10, 32 bit. Your instructions seem to say to install ALL versions of VC++...is this true? Or only the one needed for Win 10 (i.e., v. 14)? I have installed VC14 and then when I tried to install VC13, the install screen asked me whether I wanted to: 1) Repair or 2) Update my existing installation. This is why I got confused. They all seem to be the same file.

I have made the change to "hosts" (deleted the # before 127.0.0.1 localhost) and saved. I went through all the checks in your Troubleshooting file down to the VC++ steps, and that's where I got confused.

My W icon is red because the Apache service is not running; the other two are. When I go into the Services panel and try to manually get Apache to run, it says it cannot launch on my computer.

Wow, I installed a much older version of Wampserver on an older computer 5 years ago and had none of these problems. Now, when I try to access phpmyadmin, I get a blank screen whether I use IE or Firefox. I have a MySQLi database and web site ready to go but I can't get past square one with Wampserver 3. Please help!

Gail

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Confused by VC++ install instructions
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2016 08:20AM

Hi,

You have to install (or repair) ALL packages BEFORE install Wampserver.

See explanations of point n°20 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.