Running WAMP and IIS7.5, cannot login to phpMyAdmin (error 1045)
Posted by: cmegown (---.static.twtelecom.net)
Date: February 09, 2012 07:19PM

Alright, so I have watched 44,325,345,345 videos about running WAMP and IIS together as well as diving into config.inc.php to get phpMyAdmin working.

It is not, I have tried all those things.

Here's what I have done:
1) Install WAMP, changed httpd.conf to Listen 8080, also changed ServerName localhost:8080
2) opened wampmanager.tpl and changed the parameters for localhost and phpmyadmin to 'localhost:8080/'

I can get to the WAMP splash page perfectly fine at localhost:8080, as well as accessing any project I have on the server. The issue here is purely phpmyadmin.

I have a feeling it might have something to do with the fact that I'm also running IIS7.5 but I have no idea where to go from here.

For those of you who haven't seen this error a billion times, here's the error I'm getting:

Error 1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
! phpmyadmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username, and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Suggestions/help GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Running WAMP and IIS7.5, cannot login to phpMyAdmin (error 1045)
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 09, 2012 07:24PM

the issue is simple, you added a password to mysql and you didnt tell phpmyadmin the password

so open the

config.inc.php

and add the password,

if you already have , below the error to the right , is a button you can press to force a reload.

this is all assuming that your wamp icon is green.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Running WAMP and IIS7.5, cannot login to phpMyAdmin (error 1045)
Posted by: shahbaz007 (39.55.211.---)
Date: September 30, 2013 10:10AM

same problem up there not solved????????????????????/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.