About that Users Guide you're working on
Posted by: iamjanco (---.dhcp.plbg.ny.charter.com)
Date: September 18, 2013 02:28AM

Great tool, wampserver, btw, I've been using it for a number of years now. Just wanted to mention some tidbits about the docs you've been writing in French for the latest 2.4 version. Not sure if it's Chrome's translations tools or not, but when copying and pasting the translated content into a text file, there are a number of instances in the important code that one might want to modify their various conf files with, where semicolons become commas, and blank spaces are added where you really don't want them (e.g., for instance, what should be $i++ becomes $ i + +, and /* this is a comment */ becomes / * this is a comment * /).

Anyway, thought I might share that with you because you might not be experiencing the same thing at your end.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Jan C.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: About that Users Guide you're working on
Posted by: iamjanco (---.dhcp.plbg.ny.charter.com)
Date: September 19, 2013 06:39PM

Thanks for cleaning up the code and adding the "what to do after a new install" as a sticky. I only looked at the beginning of the post and didn't scrub more content, but you might want to change:

(These correction should be made for both 23bit and 64bit installs of WAMPServer)

to:

(These correction should be made for both 32bit and 64bit installs of WAMPServer)

to avoid any confusion that might arise.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.