Manual Install Instructions?
Posted by: dwt (---.cpe.pppoe.ca)
Date: January 26, 2016 10:27PM

Hi,

Two things, first, I want to say that I really appreciate the help and work that has gone into creating and maintaining Wampserver. Thank you very much. Wampserver has been very helpful. Second, I am trying to duplicate the environments I use on two different hosting services. I have installed and tested the two versions of php that I need using the files provided under Wampserver 3.0.2. Unfortunately, the necessary versions of Apache and MySQL do not appear to be available as Wampserver addons. Can someone tell me if there is any documentation for manually installing of different versions of Apache (specifically 2.2.22 and 2.4.16) and MySQL (versions 5.1.72 and 5.6.28) and getting them to appear in the Wampserver versions menus?

Thanks in Advance,
Doug

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Manual Install Instructions?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 27, 2016 11:16AM

Hi,

> Apache (specifically 2.2.22 and 2.4.16)
For Apache 2.2.22, the only problem is to found a version compiled VC9 (at least). Apachelounge does not archive old version of Apache (unlike PHP or MySQL).

For Apache 2.4.16 I and MySQL 5.6.28 and 5.1.72 I can make addons.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 27, 2016 01:08PM

Hi,

I forgot to mention that I already have, at home (Not on Sourceforge), addons for MySQL 5.6.28 and 5.1.72.
I note that phpMyAdmin 4.5.3 will not work with MySQL 5.1.72.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: January 28, 2016 07:13PM

Hi Otomatic,

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to get an old install of Apache 2.2.22 up and running so that is no longer an issue. If you already have the add-ons made it would be great if I could get a copy.

Regarding PhpMyAdmin, can you tell me if there is a relatively pain free way of switching between versions or is switching a pain?

Thanks again for your help,
Doug

=============================
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, WampServer 3.2.0 32bit +
Apache 2.4.41 + PHP 7.2.27 + MySQL 5.6.24

Date: January 28, 2016 08:25PM

Hi,

Riggsfolly send me Apache 2.2.22.
All addons you need are almost ready. I need to do last install tests.
I'll give you download links to morrow.
For Apache 2.2.22, you need PHP 5.4.x. It does not work de with PHP 5.5.0 or newer.

The one and only way to transfert databases between MySQL versions is export/import with SQL files

Date: January 28, 2016 09:03PM

Hi Otomatic,

Once again, thank you for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Doug

Date: January 29, 2016 02:53PM

Hi,

As we say in France, "a thing promised is a due thing"
Until it is uploaded on Sourceforge (It is not me who has the access keys)

Addon Apache 2.2.22 32bit
MD5: 89839448CEA8D50E1A2FDFA51FF917F3

Addon Apache 2.4.16 32bit
MD5: 01A6A08CAB60084B98B31A1BBEC05A26

Addon MySQL 5.1.72 32bit
MD5: A3B8C1B2B674F01C98C42DC5BE554E2E

Addon MySQL 5.6.28 32bit
MD5: D9B474641D96E2F1EDA3F560FF52DC38

And, "icing on the cake" as they can not use phpMyAdmin 4.5.x with older versions of MySQL, here are two old versions of phpMyAdmin. These versions will not come to replace the current version, but will be accessible, in addition, via the homepage of Wampserver (localhost)
Add PhpMyAdmin 4.1.14
MD5: AD7EC38CED6A53D936F49C151CA9F76D

Add PhpMyAdmin 4.0.10.14
MD5: 53FE65DDA9DD537B13EC93E5195C510B

Posted by: dwt (---.dsl.teksavvy.com)
Date: February 01, 2016 08:40PM

Hi Otomatic,

Thank you once again for the downloads. Everything seems to be working just fine. I really appreciate your help. If there is some way I can repay your kindness or contribute to the operating costs of the WampServer site, please let me know and I'd be happy to make a donation.

Thanks again,
Doug

Date: February 02, 2016 08:27AM

Hi,

It is a great pleasure for me to be of service if I can.
In addition, at my age, it allows me to run my neurons, thus avoiding their degeneration.

One thing you can do is ask AlterWay via their contact form, finally putting the right links on WampServer 3.0.0 Sourceforge in the site's home page.
And if you are more to do, it will result - well, I hope.

Posted by: dwt (---.dsl.teksavvy.com)
Date: February 03, 2016 05:49AM

Hi Otomatic,

It was my pleasure to assist. I have sent a message as requested. The AlterWay site reported "votre message a bien été envoyé. Merci," and I received an email that reads:

Bonjour,

Nous avons bien reçu votre message et nous vous remercions de l'intérêt que vous portez à notre société.

Nous vous recontacterons dans les plus brefs délais.

Cordialement,

L'équipe Alter Way

Hopefully, if others can also be encouraged to contact AlterWay they may be persuaded to update the site.

Thanks again,

Doug

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.