wamp alongside visual studio 2012 and IIS
Posted by: jazzo (---.19-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: January 10, 2016 02:43PM

HI guys, I'm new to Drupal and I'm trying to install WAMP to get a local installation of Drupal (my machine has windows 7 installed on it). ON the WAMP installation page there is a warning saying that WAMP shouldn't be installed alongside visual studio 2012 and I was wondering if there is a fix that allow such an installation or it is simply a no -no thing. The reason why I'm asking is because if I remember correctly I had a machine with wamp and visual studio 2012 installed on it and all I had to do when I wanted to use Drupal was to switch off IIS and on WAMP and the other way around when I wanted to use .NET. Unfortunately I don't have that machine anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 02:44PM by jazzo.

Re: wamp alongside visual studio 2012 and IIS
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: January 10, 2016 02:46PM

Hello jazzo,

There is no probalem with having any Visual Studio on the same machine. You have misunderstood the message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 06:30PM by RiggsFolly.

Re: wamp alongside visual studio 2012 and IIS
Posted by: jazzo (---.19-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: January 10, 2016 02:50PM

Ah OK, sorry about that then, I thought that's what they meant. No worries, I will go ahead and install WAMP.
thanks again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.