Installing wordpress?
Posted by: ithinktfiam (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 16, 2013 08:25PM

Got localhost running and the phpadmin panel. Now I'm trying to get WordPress installed so I can both see if it's useful and use my home computer as a sandbox for the real site.

I first tried [www.ehow.com]. I unzipped in the right director and changed the config file, but then I couldn't get install.php to run.

Then I looked at [www.techpavan.com]. I created a wp database, same name as the directory just mentioned. I didn't get any more info such as step 7 showed. I deleted the directory and database, then recreated the database, hoping to get the config. Nope. Nothing.

Is there a current and accurate instruction set for getting WordPress into my local wamp? In addition, I want to try joomla too, so any pointers would be helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing wordpress?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: July 16, 2013 08:32PM

Have you followed this

[codex.wordpress.org]

Date: July 23, 2013 08:01PM

"follow topic" doesn't seem to work on this forum. Never received a notification so hadn't checked. Finally did anyway. No, I hadn't seen it, I'll check it out. thx

Date: July 23, 2013 08:06PM

well, just looked and it's similar to others I've tried and which haven't worked. The key is I'm trying to get it working on my W7 home PC, not on my host's systems. The host systems have install that work ok, but there's no sandbox, any changes I make are instantly live. I'm trying to work with WP on my home computer than ftp (or whatever) changes to the host.

I got wamp installed and see its control panel in my localhost. I copied WP to a directory in the 'www' directory under wamp, which seems to be what things are saying, changed the config file but it's not working.

What I'm looking for is some specific instructions for a wamp/W7 installation and I haven't seen anything yet.

Date: July 24, 2013 12:15AM

Date: July 24, 2013 03:19PM

As mentioned, that's one's lousy. No need to repeat it.

Date: July 24, 2013 04:49PM

Its a different page ACTUALLY.

Specifically for those that need help moving an WordPress site from place to place.

But I have lots of other things I should be doing, so I will go and do them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.