Wamp Chrases when accessed by 1 / 10 computers on LAN
Posted by: LMP (212.247.61.---)
Date: July 02, 2013 07:32AM

Hi Everybody!
I have used WAMP for about 2 years on a small local network, where the first year everything was fine!
I had to get a new local computer to set it up because the old one chrashed.
After that the troubled started & i have spent the last month troubleshooting on & off.

When i have figured out is this.
I use the server on a small LAN to show a mysql based productionsystem i have built.
The new server is WIN8 based. There is approx 10 computers accessing this system, using everything from Mac, WinXP, VIsta & Win7.
I use Win8. Everybody is using different versions of chrome & Firefox.

After troubleshooting for a while i have noticed that the system works great as long as i dont connect to the server. It doesnt matter what browser i use as i have tried FF, Chrome & IE, all with the same resualt!

The servers is fine for approx 1 minute then it just gets to loading and nothing happens. When this happens, it also happens to all other computers that tries to access the site.

Now the other day I tried to not connect to the site and it work great all day, until i accessed the server via remote desktop to make a small change. Same symptoms again.

I have disabled ip v6 on my & the server, tried to change MTU, change allow connections in httpconf. but nothing helps.

Any ideas?

thanks & best regards!
//LMP

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp Chrases when accessed by 1 / 10 computers on LAN
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: July 02, 2013 10:34AM

Its difficult to make suggestions without more information.

Have you checked the logs ( Apache/MySQL/Event Viewer )

Have you tried running Resource monitor to gain some insite into whats happening when the system slows down. ( click Start and keyin 'resource monitor' in the search box ). There us an enormous amount of information in that and its part of Windows ( no extra expence ).

One quick thing you could try is:
For some reason MySQL on Win7 and 8 appears to run slower when the php connection is made using localhost but faster if you connect using 127.0.0.1 i.e. mysql_connect('127.0.0.1', 'User', 'Password' ).
It should not take much effort to try that change.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.