Can't set pasword
Posted by: geogalgreen (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2013 07:20PM

I just downloaded the most recent version of WAMP server. I am in the phpMyAdmin page, and am trying to set/change my password. The only way I could get into this page from the localhost opening page is by clicking on the phpMyAdmin link, then setting a user name, and leaving the password line blank. All the online guides tell me I should see a tab for privileges, but I can not find one. I do see a link to change my password, and I attempt to make a new password, but I get an error message #1133 "Can't find any matching row in the user table"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't set pasword
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: July 01, 2013 09:18PM

It seems quite obvious on my version of phpmyadmin 4.0.4

Click the 'Change Password' link,

You will then get a new dialog, Enter your password here, then click Go

SO BE CAREFUL !!!!!! REMEMBER WHAT YOU CHANGE IT TO.

Re: Can't set pasword
Posted by: geogalgreen (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2013 11:10PM

What you suggest was the problem I was facing. It would not take my password, and gave me the 1133 error message. I fixed that by changing the $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookies'; to 'config' in the config.inc.php file. I got some other error messages, but I think I fixed them, but I could not recreate the steps I took to do it.

I successfully installed WAMP several years ago on my desktop, but then stopped using it when the project ended. Since then, I think phpMyAdmin has become much simpler.

Thanks,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.