PHPmyAdmin Error
Posted by: rhisga (---.range86-144.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 25, 2013 12:48PM

Hi,

I have reinstalled wampserver after using uwamp for a number of years, but after an upgrade MySQL stopped working, whilst I was looking for a resolution, I came across Wampserver again and decided to give it a go.

Once installed everything was working OK, I created and populated 4 databases through PHPmyAdmin and could view and browse all tables. In the last few days, whilst the database is running as I can view all the sites on 'localhost', but PHPmyAdmin is playing up.

I can open the title page and all databases are shown on the left had side, if I click on any link on this page, the left hand column repopulates, but the main page remains white! I cannot access any info

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Phil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHPmyAdmin Error
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: June 25, 2013 01:21PM

Are you sure you uninstalled the old MySQL server properly?

2 mysql's dont run together without some fiddling.

Wamps mysql has a service name of wampmysql so if there is a service called MySQL disable it at least if you cannot uninstall it.

Also check for other versions of my.ini, remove those as well. Thats any NOT in the wamp\bin\mysql..... folders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 01:22PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: June 25, 2013 02:13PM

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, the other MySQL was completely uninstalled.

I have played about with it further, If I open the table in a new window outside the frame with no tables on the left , it loads up with no issue and I can access all the links. If I try to change database, it goes back to the original 'framed' page and the info details will not open.

I will check for the other ini files to see if they remain after uninstall

Date: June 25, 2013 04:00PM

Have you changed the 'root' userid's password or something that would disallow access to your new databases to the user you are using for phpMyAdmin?

Date: June 26, 2013 03:52PM

The root passwords have not been changed, the server is not online only running on my local machine for design purposes, etc.

Seems like a scripting problem with PhpMyadmin to me. Let me try to describe it a bit better, maybe I haven't explained myself as good as I could!

When PMA is loaded up, the page shows a list of the Databases down the left, with the right hand window showing option tabs across the top, a MySQL box and details of PMA and the server, on a white background.

When I click on the Database I want from the LH list, this LH box changes to display the Database Tables, whilst the RH box sometimes displays the list of tables with the rows containing checkboxes and links to the Browse facilities, etc. 9 times out of en it just shows a black white background. Either way the links on the page then fail to work (ALL links)

When in this state, if I right click on the tables list in the LH Box, and then select 'open in a new tab' it opens and I can access any table and browse it's contents with no problem, until I try to change the database and it returns to the front page.

I tend to try things in different browsers and have noticed that this problem only seems to occur when using IE, FF looks to be working OK.

This leads to my next question, how do I change Wampserver to open using FF instead of IE??

Date: June 26, 2013 06:13PM

Just out of interest, what version of IE are you using?

To change default browser edit c:\wamp\wampmanager.conf
and change this parameter to this

navigator = "C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"

Date: June 26, 2013 11:08PM

IE is version 10.0.9200

I have now changed the shortcut and will be using FF for the future

Many Thanks for the help. I guess the issues have been caused by the recent upgrade to IE, twice in the last week or so.

Posted by: zdy (27.17.16.---)
Date: June 27, 2013 10:23AM

Sounds more like a phpMyAdmin configuration problem.

Look in your config.inc.php and find these lines:
www.cusabio.com/s_antibody.html antibody drug
/* Authentication type and info */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; // you might need to change this
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql';

down vote
If you are using Windows, go to your wamp directory on the drive on which you have installed then go into apps and then go to phpmyadmin application folder. Look for a file named config.inc.php. Open it with notepad and look for this line :-

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''
and set the password here in between quotes.

Restart your wamp server and i think it should be done!

EDIT :- You may also need to change the username

Posted by: rhisga (---.range86-146.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 27, 2013 05:41PM

Thanks zdy

I may be stupid or something, but why would it work in FF but not in IE?

Connecting to the Databases is not the issue, only reading them through PhpMyAdmin when in IE

Date: June 27, 2013 06:18PM

I found a report of similiar problems being had with IE10 elsewhere.

They suggested 2 work arounds
1. Use compatibility mode on IE
2. Refresh the page with F5 when blank screen loads.

Would you mind seeing if this would work for you as well please?

Posted by: rhisga (---.range86-146.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 27, 2013 06:29PM

I have tried it in Compatibility mode on IE and everything works OK

When in normal mode, if I try to open a table to browse from the database overview, the RH window is blank. When I refresh the page it shows the page list of all tables again, therefore not allowing to browse the table

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.