port 80 problem
Posted by: completehealth2011 (---.range86-138.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 31, 2013 05:00PM

Hi

I have installed wampserver and it worked at first now it is not. I have tested the port and it says it is already being used. I have looked in the firewall and port 80 is being used by windows remote management. I have turned winrm off but wampserver is still not working.

Can anyone help please

Thanks
Ann-Marie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: port 80 problem
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 31, 2013 06:32PM

Does this help I think its telling you how to change the port used by Windows Remote Manager. I am assuming its there for a reason i.e. some corporate requirement. If its not being used I suggest you uninstall it.

[social.technet.microsoft.com]

Posted by: completehealth2011 (---.range86-138.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 01, 2013 12:08PM

Hi

Thank you for your reply. You are right that Windows Remote Manager is using port 80 and this is causing the problem. I have spent a long time trying to find out how to change the setting so that Remote Manager will use another port. The problem I am having is that when I try to put the winrm qc command into the search box , what lucks like a black dos command box does flash up but it does not stay to allow me to access the relevant files. Do not know how to get around this problem yet.

Thank you
Ann-Marie

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: June 01, 2013 04:10PM

Wel lI would launch a dos box and then key the command in, that way it wont disappear when the command is completed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.