index page problem
Posted by: hereami (---.range86-176.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 30, 2013 08:28PM

Hi

I installed wampserver and it seems to be running okay but I need help.
I had apache2.4 installed on my computer and I disabled it in msconfig. When I run the wampserver it loads the index file in the localhost folder of apache2.4. I looked in the httpd files and compared them but I cannot see what is wrong. I thought the link to localhost would point to the C:\wamp\www\index.php file. Any help would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: index page problem
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 30, 2013 09:35PM

You need to uninstall or at least disable your other APache. It will be set to start the serviece automatically and therefore wamps apache 'wampapache' will not start as they will both be trying to use TCP port 80

Date: May 31, 2013 10:37AM

Hi
As I said "I had apache2.4 installed on my computer and I disabled it in msconfig".

System Configuration > Services, unchechecked Apache2.4, apply,OK.

I have other links in the Apache24 folders and it cannot find them so it must be disabled or am I missing something here.

Date: May 31, 2013 01:23PM

I have had problems with msconfig before, if it is showing you your other Apaches homepage then it is running that old apache.

Try this instead.

Wamps apache service is called wampapache and mysql is called wampmysql.

Check using the services snapin, run 'services.msc' from the start menu.

Look to see if your old Apache is started, it is probably called 'Apache', if it is then left click that line and select 'properties'. Change the start type to 'Disabled' and also stop the service.

Then start WAMP and see if when you start All Services and click localhost it shows the correct WAMP homepage.
If it does then uninstall the old apache completely just to be sure.

Date: May 31, 2013 02:11PM

Hi

Thank you for replying.

This is a bit bizarre but it worked. I had already disabled apache24. I had refreshed the cache over and over again. Turned the computer on and off nothing worked. I renamed the index.html file to see if it would work that didn't work so I renamed the index.html file back to index.html file. Started localhost and up came the same index.html file I refreshed the page and up came the wamp index.php file.

Thank you for your support, it is good to know that someone else is there.

Date: May 31, 2013 06:24PM

Quite possibly the refresh of the browser was all you needed, its always a good idea to do that after any changes to apache.

"The connection was reset" problem
Posted by: khthulhu (---.phnx.qwest.net)
Date: June 02, 2013 01:17AM

Howdy,
I am fairly new to Apacahe or WAMP admin. I am running a Windows XP Home box with SP3. I have had WAMPSERVER 2.2 running on this machine with no problems for a couple of years. I began a training course pretty recently and I was trying out a pretty simple form/handler script and my WAMP server stops working. I get instead the message in the subject above. The script I wrote was pretty straight forward, nothing funky. No MySQL connections either, straight HTML and PHP. When I start WAMP it behaves as if it's working, but it just doesn't serve anything. I get the server reset message. So how can my server just decide to stop serving anything? The Apache_error.log was pretty big. I've saved it and looked at the entries that occurred right before it quit, but it doesn't say anything that points me in any direction.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Khthulhu

Re: "The connection was reset" problem
Date: June 02, 2013 11:13AM

Hi Khthulhu

Try starting your question under a new topic

Date: June 02, 2013 11:15AM

For future reference, please dont piggy back on another thread especially if it is not the same error!

Also check the windows event viewer for messaged from Apache.

Did you make any config changes to apache or php?

Lets have a look at the sript!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.