Web page not displaying
Posted by: rehrnsberger (---.woh.res.rr.com)
Date: May 23, 2013 05:10PM

Hello. I am new here and did spend some time going through the other posts to find an answer. I have a domain name rehrnsberger.com . I have wamp5 installed and I have the files in the C:/wamp/www/ folder. I have my port forwarding set to 80 for http and 21 for ftp. I have the domain name pointed at my external ip address. I see the site when I go to [localhost] but when I go to rehrnsberger.com I get a under construction page from the domain name provider. I am stuck. Is it an issue with the domain forwarding from the domain name provider (Network Solutions)? Or is it in the config files. Wamp5 config file is set to listen to port 80.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Web page not displaying
Posted by: rehrnsberger (---.woh.res.rr.com)
Date: May 24, 2013 02:49PM

??

Re: Web page not displaying
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 24, 2013 08:57PM

Are you trying to access rehrnsberger.com from the PC running WAMP i.e. from inside you own local network.

If so it is unlikely that will work unless your router has loopback mode available.

If you are seeing the page that your domain name provider has setup ( under construction ) then possibly they have not setup your IP in their DNS.

Try accessing the site from another PC not in your internal network see what that does.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.