help with ñ
Posted by: dos193 (---.203.246.81.pldt.net)
Date: November 24, 2015 03:20PM

In my Server Ive installed wamp 2.0i and test my program. I am fetching last name from my table with ñ character and tried printing it and here is the result: PARIÑAS which should be Pariñas

Ive tried running in on my another computer which has wamp 2.4 and its perfectly working.

So I uninstalled Wamp 2.0i in my server and installed wamp 2.4 and run the program yet it produces same result PARIÑAS.

I have also JasperReports that create PDF from my query and the Result from jasperServer is Ok but when I connect to Php the Pariñas turn into Paricas. While in the another computer its perfectly working and I cant figure it why?.

How will I configure My Wamp server to fix this error

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help with ñ
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 24, 2015 04:42PM

Hi,

It's not a Wampserver problem.
It is a charset transliteration problem.

The word "PARIÑAS" is coded into utf-8 in your database that is in byte :
50 41 52 49 C3 91 41 53 ; PARIÑAS
If you show the word extracted from the database in an environment that is not declared UTF-8, but with a different character set, you will see it in the form: PARIÑAS and not PARIÑAS because, in utf-8 the character Ñ is composed with two bytes C3 91 that are represented by two characters à and ‘ with the charset used.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 24, 2015 09:13PM

Thanks but why on my pc which has windows 7 and wamp 2.4 ñ is working while in my main server whiçh has windows server 2008 r2 and wamp 2.4 its not working

Date: November 24, 2015 09:33PM

Hi,
It is because the data is not read and computed the same way.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 24, 2015 09:39PM

I run the same program in both computer but got different results it is working in win7 what should I do fix it in my main server

Date: November 25, 2015 10:39AM

Hi,

With PhpMyAdmin on the two systems, see how is written the same data "Pariñas"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.