You don't have permission to access /website on this server
Posted by: ccollao (---.rree.gob.pe)
Date: April 18, 2013 05:30PM

Dearest Wamp´s friends:

Please I've got a problem. I´ve installed wamp on virtual machine Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard-64bits and installed and developed a Joomla portal test. My installations: wamp and Joomla are running ok, I haven´t modified nothing, all they were installed for default. So now, my Portal Joomla works ok in machine virtual, but when I want to see Portal Joomla in my real pc(for example: [servername]), I get You don't have permission to access /joomlatest on this server. Also, I can´t see the Portal Joomla on network, specially when I want to show my job to job´s users and Boss !!
Please, I´m confused, please, could you help to finish my setting installation with wamp?. This experience if it is resolved, I´ll have to do it in real Win Server 2008 r2 -64 bits too.

Warm regards,
Carlos

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You don't have permission to access /website on this server
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 18, 2013 11:42PM

The simple answer is to 'Put Online' from wampmanager -> Put Online

This would change the apache httpd.conf to 'Allow from all' which woudl allow access from any ip address, including the internet if you are open to the internet.

The best solution would be to create a Virtual Host for your website and then you can control access more specifically.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.